President Bush Get Geo Coin From My Son

My son was awarded the Presidents Volunteer Service Award by President George W Bush yesterday on the 4th of July here at Fort Bragg NC. Please read the article. Here is the link.

http://www.fayettevillenc.com/article?id=236821

If you look closley at the Presidents hand, you will see that in the palm of his hand he is holding the Geo Coin the Benny Jr just gave him. In the newspaper article it talks about Benny giving him our family coin.

We are still waiting to see if he logs it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Here is the Infamous Coin

1c61d0c6-fff9-4786-a19d-1929f9fe12d3.jpg

Edited by Taliban Hunter

My son was awarded the Presidents Volunteer Service Award by President George W Bush yesterday on the 4th of July here at Fort Bragg NC. Please read the article. Here is the link.

http://www.fayettevillenc.com/article?id=236821

If you look closley at the Presidents hand, you will see that in the palm of his hand he is holding the Geo Coin the Benny Jr just gave him. In the newspaper article it talks about Benny giving him our family coin.

CONGRATS!!! to your son.

Congratulations to your son. I'm sure you're very proud. It's a shame that the thread is already becoming politically charged.

Yes, if people could keep the topic on track, everyone would be most appreciative (except for those of you who wish to re-use bad jokes from several years ago <_<)

Thank you.

Well done. Congratulations. You should be very, very proud. <_<

Guess that won't happen. Someone would have to explain him what is Internet... or a computer.

Well lookee here. T-H's good news isn't on the forum a hot 7 hours before someone took the opportunity to turn his good news into... a Bush Bash! Nice job, superfm, very classy.

Guess that won't happen. Someone would have to explain him what is Internet... or a computer.
Well lookee here. T-H's good news isn't on the forum a hot 7 hours before someone took the opportunity to turn his good news into... a Bush Bash! Nice job, superfm, very classy.

I'm kind of shocked that it took that long. On other forums that I have used it would have taken mere moments. I guess these forums really are kinder than others.

First of all, i said "congratulations" (have you?).

Then, I made a joke about bush. Is that a crime or a serious offense? If so, pardon me. Geez, lay off the caffeine...

By the way, have you seen the "LOL" on Taliban Hunter's post? Guess you should also condemn his joke.

Again, having a son distinguished this way is a story to be remembered for years and years. This IS an outstanding achievement.

Edit: spelling

Edited by SUp3rFM & Cruella

Congrats TH. You should be a real proud dad. Benny Jr. is off to a good start reperesenting his family, his community, and himself. Since there aren't very many physical caches in DC, you are right to wonder if the coin will even get back into circulation. :huh: Of course that would also be the end of all of the "are there any celebrity cachers out there threads too. <_<

tozainamboku is absolutly right-this tread and the topic at hand have nothing at all to do with your support of current policy or politics. This is about a caching family that received a very sepcial honor. :unsure:

Well done. Congratulations. You should be very, very proud. :rolleyes:

First of all, i said "congratulations" (have you?).

Then, I made a joke about bush. Is that a crime or a serious offense?

No, it's not a crime or serious offense. That doesn't mean it's in good taste, though.

If so, pardon me. Geez, lay off the caffeine...

By the way, have you seen the "LOL" on Taliban Hunter's post? Guess you should also condemn his joke.

I'm pretty sure his "joke" was that he didn't expect the President of the United States to log a geocoin because, oh, I don't know, he probably has better things to do.

Again, having a son distinguished this way is a story to be remembered for years and years. This IS an outstanding achievement.

Edit: spelling

Yes it is, which is why your making a mockery of it is deplorable.

Hello,

Groovetopia won't be posting further to this topic. Thank you to those who reported the off topic posts. The moderator team has taken care of the issue, so I'd be most appreciative if further posts remained on topic. Let me begin again by congratulating Benny Jr. for his accomplishment.

Taliban Hunter - Congratulations to Benny, Jr. for meeting the President and receiving such a prestigious award! Please give him my thanks. I love to hear about kids volunteering in the community; it gives me great hope for our future. And congratulations to you & Mrs. TalibanHunter on raising such a caring young man.

Wouldn't it be cool if your coin showed up in the Smithsonian presidential collection? (We just saw it this past weekend.)

** let's keep this on topic folks **

Speaking of which, congrats on meeting the president, as well as the opportunity to hand him the coin.

Are there any traditional caches in DC to put a coin in?

Well, of course there are traditional caches in DC.

Note the July 2 log by me and the July 3 log by the cache owner.

I think a geocoin will be coming to Benny Jr from me too. I sent an email right after my first post.

I do not frequent these forums often, and have never posted in them before, but a close friend linked me to this special thread. I'd like to offer my congrats to the entire family on behalf of all North Carolina geocachers! You must be one proud papa. I'd also like to send one of my Groundspeak issued reviewer volunteer coins for Benny Jr. to add to his collection (but ask him to hold onto this one :rolleyes: )

Check your email TH.

CONGRATS!

7a40705bpc-scaled.jpg

AWESOME!!!

Hey everyone, For thoes who dont know this is Benny Jr. i am sharing this account with my girl friend Samantha. i just wanted to tell everyone thanks for all of yours support. it was an exciting and meaningful experiance. its something that i will never forget, and i hope that others can look at what i have done, and take it upon their selfves to get started volunteering and make a diffrence in their own community. thanks everyone Benny T. Smith Jr.

Use TBW4M2 to reference this travel bug.

Looking at the coin's page it says:

Recently Spotted: In the hands of the owner.

Since the coin wasn't dropped or grabbed, wonder if someone at Groundspeak can manually change it to read:

Recently spotted in the hands of POTUS

??

7a40705bpc-scaled.jpg

AWESOME!!!

Hey everyone, For thoes who dont know this is Benny Jr. i am sharing this account with my girl friend Samantha. i just wanted to tell everyone thanks for all of yours support. it was an exciting and meaningful experiance. its something that i will never forget, and i hope that others can look at what i have done, and take it upon their selfves to get started volunteering and make a diffrence in their own community. thanks everyone Benny T. Smith Jr.

Good job, 1-Step Closer! - Do you want to join the Red Cross as a Disaster Volunteer??!!!??? (We can always use good people like you!!!)

:unsure::unsure::rolleyes: