Caches For The Disabled

HHHmmmm, "The Disabled" ??? Who are they then?

I would prefer to see normal caches correctly graded by attribute, then people with differing needs can pick and choose which ones they care to attempt. I am not sure I would wish to attempt any cache specifically for "the disabled".

Cache owners should always, IMHO, rate their caches at handicaching.com, whether they deem them to be wheelchair accessible or not, that then puts the information in the public domain and those who wish or need to know further details about terrain, distance etc can look if they wish to.

Just saying a cache is wheelchair accessible for example, doesn't always yield the correct impression as not everyone has an idea of the abilities of modern wheelchairs and mobility scooters.

My two penneth worth!

If it helps I've set a couple of wheelchair accessible caches with more in the pipeline

Lets see where have I been with differently mobile friends in their wheeled chariots, them grinning and me sweating:

• the top of Uffington Castle to view the Vale of the White Horse
  • On a large concrete block (tank trap) on Brighton Beach with waves breaking around us
  • Brontë Waterfall on Haworth Moor
  • the plunge pool at the base of Malham Cove
  • through the driffting snow to the top of Ilkley Moor

So I shudder to think where your caches are FollowMeChaps. :rolleyes: