Geocache Dating

Go out and find the cache before the date, make sure it's there and in good shape, but don't log it.

That way she won't be disappointed if you can't find it or if it's a mess and you can impress her with your cache-finding abilities by spotting it almost immediately while on the date (let her try to find it first, and after a few minutes of her searching, suggest a possible spot).

If you do that you could hide a bottle of wine/glasses at a set of coords and let her find that! :rolleyes:

I like this idea. Make it into a creative multi. Find a nice, easy cache and stick a note in it with a clue to get to the next "cache", which would be wine glasses and another note. The next one would be a bottle of wine, then a picnic basket, and finally someplace to enjoy it all (a nice view, some food, drink, each other's company). I think I might try this one myself.

Go out and find the cache before the date, make sure it's there and in good shape, but don't log it.

That way she won't be disappointed if you can't find it or if it's a mess and you can impress her with your cache-finding abilities by spotting it almost immediately while on the date (let her try to find it first, and after a few minutes of her searching, suggest a possible spot).

If you do that you could hide a bottle of wine/glasses at a set of coords and let her find that! :rolleyes:

I like this idea. Make it into a creative multi. Find a nice, easy cache and stick a note in it with a clue to get to the next "cache", which would be wine glasses and another note. The next one would be a bottle of wine, then a picnic basket, and finally someplace to enjoy it all (a nice view, some food, drink, each other's company). I think I might try this one myself.

You may want to put the note in an envelope with the girl's name on it, otherwise you might get there to find out that your romantic picnic had been traded for a McToy. :rolleyes:

So the geocaching date is over now and I'd say that it went well for the most part. I ended up not doing anything fancy and just took her to about three or four good ones. She really enjoyed herself, and was a really good sport about puting up with the heat and mosquitoes. Unfortunately, I think the whole thing put me more in the "friend zone" than anything. Oh well, it was worth a shot I guess. And she is looking into buying her own GPS now, so at least I was able to recruit a new geocacher right? Oh, and I did take some pictures but they came out really badly so I don't think you all want to see them. Thanks again for all of your advice!

So the geocaching date is over now and I'd say that it went well for the most part. I ended up not doing anything fancy and just took her to about three or four good ones. She really enjoyed herself, and was a really good sport about puting up with the heat and mosquitoes. Unfortunately, I think the whole thing put me more in the "friend zone" than anything. Oh well, it was worth a shot I guess. And she is looking into buying her own GPS now, so at least I was able to recruit a new geocacher right? Oh, and I did take some pictures but they came out really badly so I don't think you all want to see them. Thanks again for all of your advice!

See? You should've tried the Champale and roofies.

Have a scenic (read-romantic) spot on the beach prepared with a picnic laid out ahead of time. Create a "fake" cache and put it into the GPSr and let her find the cache on her own. This would be a wonderful final cache stop; and I'm sure a very memorable time for both of you.

Eegh. :) Too much! Too much! At least for a second date.

If you haven't seen it already, you really should read the Geocaching as an online dating service?? thread.

It's a long thread, spanning a period of over two years, but I promise you it is well worth reading.  If you really get impatient, reach the point where you just can't keep reading the whole, thing, but you must now how it turns out, then the key post is here; but I really recommend you just read the whole thread.