Ouch That Hurts

So there I was driving along, when this funny bump bump noise came from the roof. The immediate reaction was a gut wrenching Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Shugar!!!!!!! (You get me drift :laughing:

Looking in rear view I didnt realise a Garmin GPSmap 60 cs could bounce that high, bugger says I, still it might survive as they pretty tough. I was still looking at it when the to rag behind me made no attempt to even try and avoid it!! 6 inches was all it would have taken. Nope.. full on with the front offside tyre.

So off I go to retrieve the bits in time to see another car clip it and send it bouncing gracefully across the road.. again!!

Luckily it comes under house insurance so should have a replacement pretty shortly.

And just for your gratification, with no expence spared.. Here it is.

gps.jpg

It did actually stay in one peice.!!!!

The sore point is it had the waypoint for the final cache on my reserected multi booooo hooooo

My mother has driven down the road with a cup of tea on the roof and rescued it at the lights at the end of the road. It is not until now that I have actually questioned the wisdom of taking a hot cup of tea in the car to work. Also now there is a roundabout at the end of the road and not lights, so when did that happen. I did intend to say that "these things happen" but seem to have gone off topic somewhat. Sorry.

Not quite the same, but I used to have a cat that liked to slep on the parcel shelf in my car...

One day I was driving to work, and had got about a mile from home when I heard a familar Miow...

Yes.. there he was, sat n the back seat... looking all wide eyed!!

Ahhhh, roof incidents - oh the memories!

My personal best, and I swear its true, is leaving my glasses on the roof of the car at a German service station. (I was driving in prescription sunglasses). Next stop - 200 miles at speeds of over 100mph - I park and wonder where I left my glasses, worrying it might be at the last stop. Get out, and there they are, still on the roof! They'd caught in the rubber seal of the sunroof and stayed there!!!

Oh, I've also left the etrex and my wallet on the roof.....

I saw someone driving off with their coolbox still on the roof of the car.

I wonder how long it took them to realise :D

:D

ah yes. I always see this when my windows are rolled up, so when I quickly get their attention all they see is me frantically pointing upward. (insert confused look).

That is enough of an effort so that they don't drive off right away and I have time to roll down the window, extend my arm and point at the roof of my car. (insert look of understanding and wave)

:laughing: Poor MT sorry mate could not stop laughing when i seen the photo and it was your post.

Its ok will get you a drink on Sunday 16th july at the meet to Drown your misfortune.

Hope you get yuour new one soon so that you can get caching soon :)

Should have a nice shiney new one byr tommorow or Thursday.. and I'll hold yer to that pint.. otherwise set Mandy on yer LOL LOL LOL

Have you tried turning it on? I've got a palm tungsten with the same type of screen damage which still works - the only bits of the screen you can't read are the bits wherre the lcd has run out of the cracks.

Another thing - have you got a data cable? You might well be able to connect it to your computer and download the waypoints - you might be able to save that final waypoint info.

Have you tried turning it on? I've got a palm tungsten with the same type of screen damage which still works - the only bits of the screen you can't read are the bits wherre the lcd has run out of the cracks.

Another thing - have you got a data cable? You might well be able to connect it to your computer and download the waypoints - you might be able to save that final waypoint info.

Hi NickPick

The terminals in the battery compartmet were trashed also.. not to worry.. I have me bluetooth GPS and pda so I wasn't desprate. And on the up side my replacement turned up today, brand new GPSmap60CSx oooooooooooooo

Bought a 1 gig memory card for it.. £31.94 should have been 45 but got 25% off at Carphone warehouse. This was in one of the el cheapo retail parks, in my case Royal Keys by the DFDS ferry terminal North Shields.

Fast at locking on to sats as well.

Too bad you are in the UK, I could use a dead GPS for a cache I'm working on.

I've done the same thing with my GPS V. It got beat up, and every angle and corner scratched. The Screen though came through unscathed and the GPS still works great. I think they can take the spill, it's the running over them part that does them in.

Too bad you are in the UK, I could use a dead GPS for a cache I'm working on.

I've done the same thing with my GPS V. It got beat up, and every angle and corner scratched. The Screen though came through unscathed and the GPS still works great. I think they can take the spill, it's the running over them part that does them in.

I'm afraid the insurance company has the kaput one.. habeas corpus an all that :blink: