Scary Geocaching...

I recently introduced geocaching to my teenage nephew. He went back home to Texas and went out for some geocaching with his father. At their first site they found a bottle that to them looked as if it had been hidden as a cache. Apparently my nephew grabbed it and started to open it when he realized it was hurting his hands, it was leaking some kind of smoke, and they were overwhelmed by some fumes. All they could determine was that it had some dry ice in it and it was possibly some kind of ammonium bomb....?

I've looked at the cache's page and it looks like somebody has found the cache since then without any problems. Once I get some more info I'll contact the cache owner and have them investigate. I'd also like to inform geocachers in the area to be on the lookout, but don't know the best way to do it.

Anybody ever had to deal with anything like this?

(By the way, my nephew is fine, but I don't think his folks are very impressed with geocaching :laughing: .)