The "feep" Contest -- Coming Soon

Lemon Fresh Dog

Hello there,

Each person is certainly welcome to create their own text! yipes -- I don't want to be seen a "Feep" dicatator! :anitongue:

I have created all mine the same way to make searches easier for folks. You can go to the Travel Bug section of the website, select Advanced Search (above the activate button) and type in FEEP -- you will get several hits and see how I described them.

The first Feep was placed in a cache a couple of hours ago.

Is there any possibility to realse any of them in Germany?

From Cologne

Thoto

"Feep" Wiesloch and "Feep" Heidelberg MUST be released in Germany! :laughing: I plan on making sure that Europe, Austrailia, New Zealand, Hawaii and Alaska all have "Feeps" -- (in fact, I would also like to send them to Africa, Asia, South America and REALLY like to send one to Antarctica (which is pretty hard to do)). If I could start a "Feep" on every continent, I think I would consider this the biggest success!

There are six of them in the system so far, and as soon as I get some more TB tags (this weekend?) then I will release some more and start contacting folks in this thread that expressed an interest early on. I only have 30 or so to release, so that is about all I can do.

I wish I could send hundreds or thousands (especially to all my European friends -- there are seveal 100 million of you!). I figure if I can send about the following:

3 to Australia (Darwin, Perth and somewhere east)

12 to Europe (UK, North Main, Central, and South)

5 to Hawaii (hopefully as a launching point to Asia as well)

3 to Alaska (did you know that Alaka is the most EASTERN US state?)

7 to Canada (well....that will be easy -- I'm right here!)

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

As a discontiguous upper American (as in not living in the lower 48 contiguous states) I salute my fellow northern-dweller Lemon Fresh Dog for his sense of humor in the creation of the FEEP TB series! We Alaskans (who dwell in the state that's simultaneously the northernmost, westernmost, AND easternmost... as well as the southernmost, if you believe how we're displayed on certain maps relative to the rest of the contiguous USA!) really appreciate our fellas to the east - the Canadians/Canadiens who graciously allow us to overfly or drive thru their sovereign country so we can visit the lower realms... :lol:

I'll be watching for a FEEP to start its rounds down here in southcentral Alaska... but I may not resist the urge to create several either (hey - I'm sure WalMart could use the business). I'm one of those guys in therapy - you know, 'Hi, I'm NorthWes, and I'm in between owning Jeeps...' My last Jeep was a Cherokee Pioneer (currently being rebuilt by a young man from my church to get him to & from school/hockey/work), and the one before that was my beloved little CJ5... My wife shudders every time I see a Jeep with a For Sale sign sitting forlornly in someone's yard - they're a grand caching rig!

I tried to order some of a few of these to release as FEEPs (great idea, LFD, I love it and support it!), but I can't get it to take my payment. I think they're out.

The Jeep Gear site says there are still 320 in stock.

EDIT: That said, I can't pay online either. I was able to order using their toll free line: 1-800-789-5337. As usual, I got to pay the Alaska premium on shipping for ten FEEPS: $19 :lol:!!!

Now there are ony 310 in stock :D.

LFD: PM sent.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

I tried to order some of a few of these to release as FEEPs (great idea, LFD, I love it and support it!), but I can't get it to take my payment. I think they're out.

The Jeep Gear site says there are still 320 in stock.

EDIT: That said, I can't pay online either. I was able to order using their toll free line: 1-800-789-5337. As usual, I got to pay the Alaska premium on shipping for ten FEEPS: $19 :blink:!!!

Now there are ony 310 in stock :P.

LFD: PM sent.

Shipping to europe for just one Jeep is about 26 USD B) Ten pieces will be 46 USD.

Shipping was a tad expensive. The 30 that I ordered were still at the $2 each price with shipping at $24. Then, there was the cost of 30 Travel Bug tags! (and my shipping to all you fine International folks)

However.....is this really too much to pay to bring the world together as one? Can a Peace Prize be far behind? :unsure:

The "Feeps" now number 9 in total! -- I have all the tags, so it's just a matter of time before they are all activated and ready to be shipped to their respective "dealerships" (I'll send some e-mails soon)

Thanks to all of you that are also participating and offering prizes etc. This should be a whole lot of fun!

Shipping was a tad expensive. The 30 that I ordered were still at the $2 each price with shipping at $24. Then, there was the cost of 30 Travel Bug tags! (and my shipping to all you fine International folks)

However.....is this really too much to pay to bring the world together as one? Can a Peace Prize be far behind? <_<

The "Feeps" now number 9 in total! -- I have all the tags, so it's just a matter of time before they are all activated and ready to be shipped to their respective "dealerships" (I'll send some e-mails soon)

Thanks to all of you that are also participating and offering prizes etc. This should be a whole lot of fun!

A big salute to Lemon Fresh Dog for all your hard work and great attitude. I appreciate all that you are doing to keep all of our geocaching friends around the world in the game!

Actually, I hope I get a GJTB one of these days, and if I missed the cut off to receive one, at this point I may have better luck finding a FEEP!

Well done!

Hey Lemon - Have you thought about letting some of us 'chip in' on some of the expenses??? <_<

nope. Don't worry about it. Plant a cache, trade some cool kid swag into a cache near your home. I am doing this because it is fun to watch things move around the world.

Also, in a wierd twist of fate, I was at the local Outdoor Resource Center asking if I could plant a cache in their facility as a safe location for visitors, travel Bugs, etc (safe as in Muggle-free). It was VERY well recieved by the staff. Plus, they had just cancelled a Geocaching Introductory course because they couldn't find and instructor. So I volunteered to teach geocaching! (there were several families signed-up).

I taught the course (I think we had about 25-30 people) and they actually offered to PAY me! So I made $60 (hey....does that make me a PRO?) -- anyhow, that off-sets the costs a bit and I am fine. I also sold a few extra geocoins to fund the rest -- so it's actually costing me almost nothing.

Thanks for asking, but really -- no need.

(edt fer spellin)

It's ON!

Do a search on "feep" (no quotes) - there are now 29 activated Feeps in the world (and more to come!). I will be sending out a couple requests for postal addresses and send them to Europe, Austrailia, and Hawaii. The Ladybug Kids are covering Alaska (thanks!) with 10 "Feeps" (which will also be part of the "contest").

I have had several folks volunteer to take some and distribute, however it is far easier (and less costly) to send multiple "Feeps" to a single address and have them "move out" from there.

Thanks again to all! Let the games begin!

FeepA.JPG

FeepB.JPG

I don't know if this makes you feel any better I received my GJTB today and it is named after Devils Paw (Alaska), which sits 8584 feet above sea level. Even though cachers in Alaska can not participate my Jeep is named after Devils Paw. Leave it to Jeep to do the naming. Live through my Jeep if you like. However I would also like to locate a "feep" one point soon.

I don't know if this makes you feel any better I received my GJTB today and it is named after Devils Paw (Alaska), which sits 8584 feet above sea level. Even though cachers in Alaska can not participate my Jeep is named after Devils Paw. Leave it to Jeep to do the naming. Live through my Jeep if you like. However I would also like to locate a "feep" one point soon.

Beautiful peak in Southeast Alaska!!!

Just spotted this LFD - if you want a presence in the UK I am more than happy to accommodate - and I'll pay (Paypal or something) for the cost of 5 Feeps, TB tags and postage if you want to send them to me. I could probably find a lame prize for a cacher in the EU as well - lava lamp perhaps or something equally dated?

I like your idea of a feep contest. I've applied for my first jeep. I'll do the contest...then it can travel anywhere. If I don't get one, maybe I'll join your feep contest. What a great attitude! :laughing:

Heck, I wish more of those jeeps were released everywhere!

That said, is that picture a geocoin? I'd be interested in seeing a larger picture and knowing what it's called if you don't mind emailng me.

Now I'm jealous!!! :laughing:

Whoa! Offensive material -- it makes you wonder what it was! haha!

I just ordered 30 of the little cars to start, but they are going fast! Here's part of the e-mail I recieved:

"We have just got a influx of orders of these models today. Many orders. Many large quantities. In following the referrals to us, I see that it is the result of Jeep choosing this little model for their geocaching travel bug. Is that why you want them also. In any case, as a result we are soon to run out."

They were on sale for $2, but are now back at $2.50 per Jeep. As soon as I get them I will "Feep" them and start the process of releasing them into the wild!

I like the idea of a laminated tag, so will work on getting that created as well.

No custom icon though :laughing:

I just bought 12 of these to launch and if you go here, they are $2.00 and if you go here, they are $2.50 . I bet you can guess where I ordered mine :laughing: ?

I've tried that 1st site several times on three different computers, I get an error evertime I try to checkout.

Anyone else have this issue?

I like your idea of a feep contest. I've applied for my first jeep. I'll do the contest...then it can travel anywhere. If I don't get one, maybe I'll join your feep contest. What a great attitude! :laughing:

Heck, I wish more of those jeeps were released everywhere!

That said, is that picture a geocoin? I'd be interested in seeing a larger picture and knowing what it's called if you don't mind emailng me.

Now I'm jealous!!! :laughing:

Nope -- no geocoin. Is it the tag? That's a standard TB Tag. I hope that many find Feeps. The "locals" are now starting to pick them up.

If you can spare any I'd love to release one in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Also, on Sept. 9 we are leaving for 3 weeks vacation in Greece & Turkey.

I'd be happy to drop some there too.

We will have time for a geocache in Manchester, England and Munich, Germany betwen flights to & from Athens so depending on how many you can spare I'd love to spread them around. You can pick the country for me to drop them in if you like.

Thanks,

Paul

THis weekend? Possibly on a trip to the Kenai Peninsula?!?!?

I'd LOVE to be going all the way to the Kenai to revisit it. I lived down there during 1988-1991. It'd be a bit of a stretch to do it on a three-day weekend with the junior ladybugs. I will be releasing additional Feeps in Anchorage and Valdez this month because I'll be there on business. I've seen your bookmark list of caches along the arm. Perhaps one will show up there!

Several of the "Feeps" are moving along well. One local cacher took an AMAZING photo at the top of the Rocky Mountains. Just a spectacular shot -- I've asked if they would post it here.

For the "Feeps", no photo is required -- you are entered based upon moving them along, but I certainly couldn't resist giving the first prize out for this one.

Several of the "Feeps" are moving along well. One local cacher took an AMAZING photo at the top of the Rocky Mountains. Just a spectacular shot -- I've asked if they would post it here.

For the "Feeps", no photo is required -- you are entered based upon moving them along, but I certainly couldn't resist giving the first prize out for this one.

81866bec-fa25-4bf4-aae2-7128f1b1b4e7.jpg

Here it is, two Feeps on top of Fortress Mountain in Alberta. That's Mt. Assiniboine in the distance.

Here's the cache: Fortress

while not exactly a "feep" but not exactly a stock Green Jeep TB either. a few months ago my lil bro gave me this Jeep, so i was pretty amazed when i got my official jeep and saw the resemblence. so in true jeep fashion i swapped out some parts, put on a lift kit, bigger tires and then got er muddy and set it free.

i hope i didn't violate too many rules in the process :laughing:

dscf0022zz0.th.jpg

This is a great idea!

I just ordered 10 green jeeps from gear.jeep.com and had no problem with the order. $2.00 per jeep, shipping/tax was $9.00 more.

After I get them, I'll check back to see what is going on here, and if I will add any to the FEEP contest.

I see I'm not the only one who has had thoughts about travel bugs, and the VW Bug. Perhaps it will happen one day :laughing:

Here it is, two Feeps on top of Fortress Mountain in Alberta. That's Mt. Assiniboine in the distance.

Here's the cache: Fortress

Although I didn't take a Feep picture at the top of the mountain, I did place a Feep in this cache at the top of Mount Burke …

Here's the cache: The Bear Cave - Ritz

Hey Zilvervloot, We'll be spending a few days in the Rhine and Mosel Valleys the first part of September. From there we are heading into the Netherlands. The ladies may want to do shopping but my buddy and I will be caching. We are bringing over a number of TBs from caches in the USA. If I remember right one of them is green and has four wheels. Who knows, that one may end up in a cache in or near Amsterdam <_<