Original Stash Coins

TEAM 360

I for one am not a big fan of 2nd runs ,unless stated up front.When I buy from a limited minting of say 500 that's what I expect it to be. Then if another 300 is made it just shoots the rarity (tradability) right out of the whole thing.Just my 2 cents.

On another note I think it is/was a great looking coin.Having made the pilgrimage myself it hold special meaning!

Just a FYI note on the first sale, it clearly stated that they may produce additional coins. Glenn

See Here :: http://www.thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/vie...31&idproduct=95

The Original Stash Tribute Plaque is where it all began on May 3, 2000 and commemorates the important occasion when Geocaching was born.

Read more about the plaque by clicking on:

Original Stash Tribute Plaque

The set includes a Antique Bronze 2" square coin and a matching 1" pin. This is an edition of 1000 trackable coins. There are 920 coin and pin sets available for sale. There were also 35 Personalized LE (non-trackable) coins produced for original plaque contributors. Depending upon the popularity we may choose to do another edition in the future.

A friend and I are doing the pilgrimage in two weeks. I have been eyeing the coins on e-bay, that are selling for a boy scout troop, but I just couldn't afford to donate to the cause (a good one, I was an assistant scout master years ago) then voila! they showed up at a price I could afford.

just comes to show, good things come to those who wait.

and the same thing happened with the puzzle coins.

so, patience is a virtue i must have achieved.

I for one am not a big fan of 2nd runs ,unless stated up front.When I buy from a limited minting of say 500 that's what I expect it to be. Then if another 300 is made it just shoots the rarity (tradability) right out of the whole thing.Just my 2 cents.

On another note I think it is/was a great looking coin.Having made the pilgrimage myself it hold special meaning!

The potential of a second run was mentioned even before the first minting, so for this specific coin/pin set, I'm not at all upset by it. Good thing is, they aren't labeled "#xxx of 1000" :laughing:

Team360 and TheCachingPlace are welcome to offer additional runs just to thwart the eBay speculators anytime. :laughing:

WooHoo, I did miss this one. Going to order a couple when it says I can, currently updating inventory.

Just a note to let folks know that the inventory has now been updated and you are welcome to PURCHASE :laughing:

The coin and pin set is available for $10 set!

Just a FYI note on the first sale, it clearly stated that they may produce additional coins. Glenn

See Here :: http://www.thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/vie...31&idproduct=95

Like the man said: We made it clear from the git-go :laughing:

Thanks for your support everyone!

:laughing: I have to agree with the notion that 2nd runs are not for me. I think the coin looks nice but I think it is overpriced, especially since it is a second minting. Once again, just my opinion, I could be wrong but my money will be staying in my pocket until another coin comes along that I really like and that I believe is a reasonable price. From the looks of things lately, my money may be staying in my pocket for a long time! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I have to agree with the notion that 2nd runs are not for me. I think the coin looks nice but I think it is overpriced, especially since it is a second minting. Once again, just my opinion, I could be wrong but my money will be staying in my pocket until another coin comes along that I really like and that I believe is a reasonable price. From the looks of things lately, my money may be staying in my pocket for a long time! :laughing:

Just FYI, you not only get the coin, you also get a 1x1" pin, which is identical to the front of the coin... :rolleyes:

:laughing: I have to agree with the notion that 2nd runs are not for me. I think the coin looks nice but I think it is overpriced, especially since it is a second minting. Once again, just my opinion, I could be wrong but my money will be staying in my pocket until another coin comes along that I really like and that I believe is a reasonable price. From the looks of things lately, my money may be staying in my pocket for a long time! :anicute:

Just FYI, you not only get the coin, you also get a 1x1" pin, which is identical to the front of the coin... :anicute:

A coins tradable value is highly dependant on the quanity made. If Someone keeps manufacturing a popular/hard to get coin they will no longer be hard to get cause everyone will have them.

But as mentioned above the sellers of this coin were upfront from the beginning by putting thier intentions in the coin description for all to see prior to purchasing. So I have no critism for the makers of this coin. Only praise for being upfront :anicute:

Any news on when those will be available?

If I remember correctly the will be shipping tomarrow and you can pre-order right now.

to add: I just checked the site and they must have changed it or I looked at it wrong because it states

Ships: Week of July 27

Edited by Team Jsam

I dont get it, whats the big deal about a second run? They made money on the coin the first time so why all the fuss?

-TJ

Well, as a stamp collector, I understand about scarcity-and-value, and why some folks would not want a coin to be re-minted. But we don't buy geocoins to hold them, except perhaps for one of particularly-nice ones. We buy geocoins to put them into geocaches (we can't help noticing that the prefix "geo-" is part of both words :)), so we wish that more folks would consider second runs of coins that we don't have but would like to get. For us, there is almost no practical reason to look on ebay, as in most cases we wouldn't want to buy a geocoin just to hold onto it. But we can see why lots of others would.