Geocoin Jewelry?

DresselDragons

When I was younger, my dad belong to a coin collecting club (I guess I can blame my addiction on heredity). He gave a necklace with a coin in it. It had a small piece of metal that wrapped around the outside ridge of the coin, and a small decorative piece screwed it shut on the top, and had an o-ring in it, so you could add it to a chain (necklace, keychain, etc). Through what limited research I've done on the internet, I believe these pieces are called "bezels". I would LOVE to get one for our coin, so I could wear it to events for folks to log. Unfortunately, the ones I've come across are too small for our coin (1.75"). Does anyone know where I can find such an item in a usable size (besides that e place...I've already looked there)? I would think that this might be a good accessory for some of the coin distributors to sell.

DD - I was actually in the process of doing just that! LOL! :laugh:

I have an account with RioGrande & am getting prices for Coin Holders as we speak!

I'll let you know!

I'm interested in one for our coin as well - looking forward to learning the answers :huh:

T1

Took me awhile to hunt down this thread, Also what to post here was in a goodie box of stuff (summer cleaning) <_<

Years ago while collecting Silver Coins, I took one with me to a craft fair in a local mall, or other locations I found the same person, Essentialy he wire-wraps (ANY) items wanted using Silver Wire, So I figure I would share this idea , Glenn

wirewrap.jpg

Edited by glennk721

Took me awhile to hunt down this thread, Also what to post here was in a goodie box of stuff (summer cleaning) :huh:

Years ago while collecting Silver Coins, I took one with me to a craft fair in a local mall, or other locations I found the same person, Essentialy he wire-wraps (ANY) items wanted using Silver Wire, So I figure I would share this idea , Glenn

wirewrap.jpg

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, but am glad Glenn had a picture, I was going to say, I can do that! My dad is a jeweler and I learned how to do lots of wire wrapping growing up. With the materials I could make these pretty easily!

Edited by UOTrackers

Took me awhile to hunt down this thread, Also what to post here was in a goodie box of stuff (summer cleaning) :D

wirewrap.jpg

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, but am glad Glenn had a picture, I was going to say, I can do that! My dad is a jeweler and I learned how to do lots of wire wrapping growing up. With the materials I could make these pretty easily!

:huh::D:D:D:D:D:shocked::yikes::yikes::yikes::lol::huh::):D