Can You Just Drive Past A "cache"

findandhide

You are smokin' hot, briansnat!

Try to avoid driving THROUGH the cache even if you think it earns extra credit.

There are a few, rare caches that can be found and signed while in your car. ... ... ... With any luck they will grow increasingly more rare.

There are a few, rare caches that can be found and signed while in your car. ... ... ... With any luck they will grow increasingly more rare.

They are not that rare. Just go to any wall-mart parking lot, drive right up to the lamppost, lift up the skirt retrive cache, sign log, replace cache, no need to get out of you car.

I am not sure why you would do that unless it was a building of note? Sounds like a virtual cache.

To me, the best part of the fun is getting out and walking to a new place where I have never been before. However, living in the southwestern desert lands, a "drive-thru" cache is the only way to cache in the afternoons.

I am not sure why you would do that unless it was a building of note? Sounds like a virtual cache.

To me, the best part of the fun is getting out and walking to a new place where I have never been before. However, living in the southwestern desert lands, a "drive-thru" cache is the only way to cache in the afternoons.

I love caching in the middle of the day in the summer time here. I have all the parks to myself, everyone is inside, no need for stealth when it's 120 degrees out. A side note to anyone who knows nothing aboy AZ, I took the temperature of the asphalt in the parking lot a few days ago around noon and it was 135 degrees, and that was a cooler day.

Can't we just make mile markers virtuals? I'd like to get my find count up, and I've determined that if I average 70 mph on I-10 for 12.77 hours that I could reach my 1000 find mark. What an accomplishment! Plus, it would be so much fun. Anyone want to come along? :anicute::D:ph34r:

In some neighborhoods in Chicago, New York and L.A. they need "drive-by" caches, but for a different reason!

They are not that rare. Just go to any wall-mart parking lot, drive right up to the lamppost, lift up the skirt retrive cache, sign log, replace cache, no need to get out of you car.

Yeah, there's at least a few of those here.. Literally could sign it in the car. I must admit though, the first one of those I found, I was a *little* throw by.. I was looking for something at the base (hole, etc) or stuck to the pole. Then I picked up the skirt. doh.

Yeah, there's at least a few of those here.. Literally could sign it in the car. I must admit though, the first one of those I found, I was a *little* throw by.. I was looking for something at the base (hole, etc) or stuck to the pole. Then I picked up the skirt. doh.

I have a feeling this is the answer to one of my DNFs. It was the first cache I ever tried to find and didn't realize those skirts lifted up. :D

Or a McDonald's "of note". :rolleyes::o:rolleyes: