Accidentally Found A Cache

My husband and I were out caching yesterday. We stumbled across a cache. We picked it up expecting to find the name of the cache on the container - no luck! We signed the log anyway and marked its position thinking we could figure out which one it was when we got home. No luck there either. We're thinking it's probably part of a multi.

Anyway, without giving away too much info, can someone help me track this one down. It's in St. Peters, Mo inside an alligator.

Thanks for your help.

My husband and I were out caching yesterday. We stumbled across a cache. We picked it up expecting to find the name of the cache on the container - no luck! We signed the log anyway and marked its position thinking we could figure out which one it was when we got home. No luck there either. We're thinking it's probably part of a multi.

Anyway, without giving away too much info, can someone help me track this one down. It's in St. Peters, Mo inside an alligator.

Thanks for your help.

Have you tried the geocaching.com google maps from a nearby cache? Perhaps cachers who have found other nearby caches could be of asistance. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Edited by Team Cotati

If it had a log sheet that you signed it probably is not part of a multi. Perhaps it was archived but not removed or a geocache listed by another website.

Yes, and if it was located within 500 feet of the nearby cache for which you were looking, then it definitely has either been archived at the GC website but definitely not removed, or it is a cache listed at one of the other cache listing services, or even a private cache, or even a non-listed cache linked to a commercial promotion.

Thanks for your help.

Holy cow, maybe it was swallowed and moved by that 'gator. Now that's what I would call a real 5 star cache for difficult retrieval. :laughing:

If it had a log sheet that you signed it probably is not part of a multi. Perhaps it was archived but not removed or a geocache listed by another website.

I'm not understanding that.

If it's the final of a multi it would have a log book, and the coords would not be on any publicly-viewable page on GC.com.

Also, the OP never mentioned how close oit was to any other caches.