Geobaby Geocoin Pre-sale

Fundamental

The model for this coin has been our own 10 months old son Santtu (in the picture he is younger). He was only 5 days old to find his first geocoin :laughing: This coin is made for all the geobabys around the world. WE use CH Quality Coins for this coin. After the pre-order we will start to produce this coin and collect money. It takes few weeks to make this coin ready.

geobaby.jpg

The coins are geocaching.com trackable and will have unique icon.

There will be three different version of this coin.

Shiny gold geobaby boy with blue diapers.

Shiny gold geobaby girl with pink diapers.

Satin gold LE geobaby with white diapers (limited to 100 pieces).

The boy and girl coins cost 7,5€ each and the limited edition coins will cost 9€ each.

If you want to order this coin please send me following information to this address funvencoins@gmail.com:

Real name

Your caching nickname

E-mail address (and your paypal address if it’s different)

Number of coins you want.

Shipping address

Shipping and handling charges:

USA: 1,5€ + 0,5€ for every second coin

Canada: 2,5€ + 0,5€ for every second coin

Europe (exept Finland):

1 coin 2,5€

2-5 3,5€

5-10 4,5€

10-20 8€

20-40 13€

Finland: I’ll email the prices

Rest of the world:

1 coin 5€

2-5 7€

5-10 11€

10-20 18€

20-40 31€

santtukolikko.JPG

Edited by Fundamental and Venlis

Pass.

I thought you didnt buy coins anymore. Why post pass?

I like it, it celebrates life.

nielsenc

Really none of your business - so why try to stir things up?

If others can announce their intention to buy, those of us that don't to have that same right don't we?

Also, I assume that some folks actually want to know the interest level before minting. That includes buyers and non-buyers don't ya think?

Pass.

I thought you didnt buy coins anymore. Why post pass?

I like it, it celebrates life.

nielsenc

Really none of your business - so why try to stir things up?

If others can announce their intention to buy, those of us that don't to have that same right don't we?

Also, I assume that some folks actually want to know the interest level before minting. That includes buyers and non-buyers don't ya think?

Good point.

I don't think I'll like the face & body having opposite effects... face is recessed, body is raised?

What is the second recessed block for on the back?

All the lines in the coins are also recessed not only the face. I'll ask sample coin so you can see how it's turns to be :laughing:

Only 68 coins sold so far :drama: Looks like there is no point of making even the sample coin if I can't sell all the 500 coins.

I thought this was great idea but I guess I was wrong. I'll continue this pre-sale but if I can't sell 250 coins I think we have to forget this project.

Only 68 coins sold so far :drama: Looks like there is no point of making even the sample coin if I can't sell all the 500 coins.

I thought this was great idea but I guess I was wrong. I'll continue this pre-sale but if I can't sell 250 coins I think we have to forget this project.

It sounds like a nice idea but converting it to US dollars, that's about $11.50 shipped for a regular and $13.50 shipped for an LE. I think $10 shipped seems to be the price point buyers are limiting themselves to. For a comparison, the 2006 California coin will possibly be less than $7 shipped.

I didin't realise that 1€ is over 1,27$ nowadays. I guess it's too late know to low the prices 0,5€ because I can't edit my own topic anymore. I don't believe ether that 0,5€ lower price would make people happier.

Only 68 coins sold so far <_< Looks like there is no point of making even the sample coin if I can't sell all the 500 coins.

Why not mint 100 as PERSONAL coins, pay for them yourself, and then trade for those that you want?

Only 68 coins sold so far <_< Looks like there is no point of making even the sample coin if I can't sell all the 500 coins.

Why not mint 100 as PERSONAL coins, pay for them yourself, and then trade for those that you want?

I'm really starting to think that. Thanks.

Just as a note:

The baby is personal to you, heck, it's your child! Many cachers do not have children, so it wouldn't be a wanted coin to them.

I think this might be a cute coin, I'd love to see the gaphic corrected & a sample of the coin! My minter charged me up front for the 2 dies $170 & stamped a sample coin for me to see... That might be the way to go...

I am not wild about the art. The baby on the coin isn't cute like your baby. Perhaps a cartoon charicature would go over better. Just a thought.

Actually, I've never seen good 3D art returned by the minter that accurately represented the final result. In 95% percent of the cases, the actual results have far surpassed my expectations. I'm hoping that this is the case here, and that the actual 3D die will be cute like the original picture. It's the original picture that the die artist uses when making the die, not the weird 3D art returned by the minter. At least, that's been my experience.

--Marky

I thought it had to have 500 for a unique icon. Did this change at some time since you are only doing 250 and having the icon?

From the geocoin tracking guidelines, they are pinned at the top of the forums, you can see all the details there:

"2. There is a 500 number minimum purchase required (although custom prefixes require a 1,000 code minimum order). (Note that some of the coin manufacturers listed below have purchased blocks of numbers for resale in smaller quantities). These numbers may be split between coins but each individual coin design must be approved prior to production."

I thought it had to have 500 for a unique icon. Did this change at some time since you are only doing 250 and having the icon?

From the geocoin tracking guidelines, they are pinned at the top of the forums, you can see all the details there:

"2. There is a 500 number minimum purchase required (although custom prefixes require a 1,000 code minimum order). (Note that some of the coin manufacturers listed below have purchased blocks of numbers for resale in smaller quantities). These numbers may be split between coins but each individual coin design must be approved prior to production."

I know. I'm gonna keep the rest 250 numbers for future. We have other baby coming late dec / early jan. Maybe we do other coin with the rest 250 tracking number.

pghlooking was inquiring about the custom icon.

judging from the guidelines, $150 is the only requirement to associate a custom icon to a coin. But I hear ya.... I was wondering the same thing when I read your post.

I know about the numbers being split amongst smaller groups and such, but the icon is the part I am asking about. If you split the 500 block say 5 ways, does that mean each 100 block can have a seperate icon at that point? I was under the understanding that 500 per icon was the minimum. In this case if they split it between 2 coins, 250 now and 250 later, wouldn't they have the same icon? If you can now buy say 100 numbers from Cacher X and get a seperate icon, that opens a whole new world up.

I know about the numbers being split amongst smaller groups and such, but the icon is the part I am asking about. If you split the 500 block say 5 ways, does that mean each 100 block can have a seperate icon at that point? I was under the understanding that 500 per icon was the minimum. In this case if they split it between 2 coins, 250 now and 250 later, wouldn't they have the same icon? If you can now buy say 100 numbers from Cacher X and get a seperate icon, that opens a whole new world up.

You are correct. A minimum of 500 codes for each icon. However, all of the codes do not need to be on the same coin design.

Example: IF Moun10bike made 100 round in 2004, 200 squares in 2005 and 200 stars in 2006 He would have only had to buy 500 codes to get 1 icon that symbolized Moun10bike.

I asked Brian when I bought my codes.