Found Gps Oregon

Hello Cachers,

the other day my grandparents were walking and found a gps. If you can describe it and tell me where you lost it I can get it back to you. I feel really bad that someone lost such a beautiful piece of equiptment and will make every effort to find the owner but if one cannot be found within 3 months of my post then i will have no choice but to keep it. please help me find the owner of this. i know they will want it back really bad. if you think its your gps please email me @ kellobyte@gmail.com or if you know how i can find the persons name on the gps let me know.

Hello Cachers,

the other day my grandparents were walking and found a gps. If you can describe it and tell me where you lost it I can get it back to you. I feel really bad that someone lost such a beautiful piece of equiptment and will make every effort to find the owner but if one cannot be found within 3 months of my post then i will have no choice but to keep it. please help me find the owner of this. i know they will want it back really bad. if you think its your gps please email me @ kellobyte@gmail.com or if you know how i can find the persons name on the gps let me know.

You should post this also on pdxgeocaching.com (you'll probably get a few more web sites recommended for more Oregon coverage).

I attended an Event in Oregon last weekend where someone lost their GPSr. I posted a note on the event cache page; hopefully, this is the GPSr that was lost, and soon cacher and receiver will soon be reunited.

Thanks for posting...guess I'll make an "owner label" to affix to my GPSr for just such an event. :laughing:

I have my phone number on my GPSr Welcome Screen, just in case I happen to lose it.

Kell: This is a wonderful example that you have set for others, thank you. However, even in here, I wouldn't advise posting your private email addy. Hopefully that is a 'trash' account. Cachers can mail you via your user profile by simply clicking on your alias user name. Again, thank you for being such a responsible member of the caching community. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I have my phone number on my GPSr Welcome Screen, just in case I happen to lose it.

I do the very same thing. However my guess is, if I ever loose my 60csx, I'll never see it again. I put the phone number there so they can give me a call and tell me how much fun they are have with my GPSr. :laughing:

On both my GPS and cellphone, I've done the following:

1) The welcome screen says "Reward if found. Please call: ..." and lists my work phone number.

2) Stickers with my name and work phone number are stashed in a few places inside the device.

If I lost my GPS (or my cellphone), getting it back would depend entierly on the good nature of the person finding it. But I've tried to make it easy.

Have you checked for what waypoints they have entered. Some people put their home in as a WP.

That's what I do too: a "HOME" waypoint (and a HOME-MER for the summer cottage) with the street address in the comment field to help finders. But it assumes they know how to use the device. So I also have a piece of paper in the case.

Remember to ask for the serial number of the GPS. The original owner should be able to produce it.

I'd never be able to produce the serial number of any of my GPSrs... Chances are though, if the person who lost it can tell you where when and how they lost it, along with the model etc. they are the ones that lost the GPS (how else would they get that information??)

My welcome screen is also programmed with my home address and telephone number.

I do the very same thing. However my guess is, if I ever loose my 60csx, I'll never see it again. I put the phone number there so they can give me a call and tell me how much fun they are have with my GPSr. :rolleyes:

My welcome screen has my name, my phone number, and $50.00 reward. Hopefully someone would call for the $50.00 if they find it.

I do the very same thing. However my guess is, if I ever loose my 60csx, I'll never see it again. I put the phone number there so they can give me a call and tell me how much fun they are have with my GPSr. :rolleyes:

I laughed when I read your post… It’s so refreshing to know that there are fellow realists out there. :rolleyes: