How Do You Ignore A Cache?

Orville50US

I was telling my friend that started us on geocaching that I wanted to be able to ignore certain caches in my area. I want to do this because they are in locations that we are not interested in exploring. He said you can't.

Well when I was playing with the "Query" page today I noticed that there was a check box next to "don't list caches on my ignore list" (or something like that)

HERE IS MY QUESTION: How do I put a cache on my ignore list? Where is the ignore list?

I'm assuming you're a premium member since you mentioned a Query page.

On the top right of every cache page, along with other buttons, should be a button labelled "Ignore this Cache." Guess what it does? :laughing:

I knew it had to be something simple like that. But I gave up looking. I guess I was just looking in the wrong place. Thank you for such a quick replay

I'm assuming you're a premium member since you mentioned a Query page.

On the top right of every cache page, along with other buttons, should be a button labelled "Ignore this Cache." Guess what it does? :laughing:

Yes that's correct as far as it goes, but you're not done yet.

#1 - After selecting "Ignore this Cache", remember to follow through and click on Yes. Ignore it.

#2 - Either choose the Advanced Search -Click Here option from the Home Page or the New Search option at the top of a cache list page.

#3 - In addition to whatever other special options you choose, you must check off the box Exclude hidden/found items from results. In addition to excluding any caches you have hidden (own) or caches you have found, it will also exclude all caches on your ignore list.

Now you should have it.