Suncatcher 2006

crake

How do you make them translucent like that? :laughing: it is so neat. I am definitley oredering at least one of each!

The enamel is called "suncatcher enamel" and I don't know if its the same as transparent enamel (it might be). The design has cutouts, and the mint applies a tape to one side and fills the cutouts with enamel. Then the enamel is cured and the tape removed. One side is flat, and the other side has dips like soft enamel.

New to the geocoin collecting and this is a great looking set. I have emailed my request for both. Now I have to try to understand how you all get the coins you have for trading. Do you buy them all or are some given out. I am sorry to move this in a different direction. But the coin is wonderful and can't wait to see them.

RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE......sorrry

Greets, I recieved a production sample of the coin, If you want to get a idea of what it looks like well here you go, wonderfull colors and its like a kaleidoscope when you turn it. Enjoy Glenn

Will post in my photo thread,once I have proper backlighting set up, but this belongs here doing as its job accordingly with sun light !!

suncatcher.jpg

I love your coin and would love to get 2 sets of each coin. I'll be on holidays until the 18th so hopefully there will be coins left...or can you put me down for 2 sets of each?

quote name='glennk721' date='Aug 8 2006, 02:21 AM' post='2392528']

Greets, I recieved a production sample of the coin, If you want to get a idea of what it looks like well here you go, wonderfull colors and its like a kaleidoscope when you turn it. Enjoy Glenn

Will post in my photo thread,once I have proper backlighting set up, but this belongs here doing as its job accordingly with sun light !!

suncatcher.jpg

:laughing: LOL Opps, It's not my coin design , I was able to buy one of the production samples at auction from -crake- the designer of this coin and just posted the photo. I'm sure he will respond. My understanding is the coin will be availabe to you at that time though, Glenn Edited by glennk721

No worries - coins will be available for a while. Coins won't be shipping by the 18th anyway, so you'll be the first shipping group unless people go nuts and buy more than I have on hand at the time :)

I hope there are some left when I get home from work at 6 (if i go out caching, I may not be home until 9). Shouldn't every employer have internet access?? ;)

;)

Edited by ~tasia~

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR SUNCATCHER PREORDERS

Due to overwhelming popularity, the stock allocated for pre-orders has been exhausted. Never fear - enough coins will be made to satisfy demand, but they will not ship until mid-September. As paypal does not allow preorders that far into the future, pre-orders have been temporarily suspended. I will email members of the CRAKE mailing list when orders are reopened as well as keep this thread up to date.

Pre-orders already on the books continue to be scheduled to ship by Aug 31.