Suncatcher 2006

crake

Well, the glow-in-the-dark translucent experiment that I didn't tell too many people about was a failure. (yeah, it was going to be neat). Oh well - the regular translucent suncatcher (warm and cool colors) are still a go!

Schedule is currently: samples and photos the week of the 17th, orders late July, ship mid-August.

They came out really nice Crake.

:rolleyes: I would agree that they are very nice. Just wonder why the above "poster" doesn't have a problem with the geocachers name not being on it when the above "poster" does have a problem when others don't put their caching name on other coins. I quote the above "poster" from another geocoin discussion "Too bad they neglected to put their geocaching nicks on the coin. Then I think it would be a fantastic personal geocoin. As it stands right now, it's a generic coin that somehow managed to get approval for tracking numbers. Shame." end quote. :anitongue: Guess it may depend on the coin maker?

Just food for thought. :ph34r: But enough of that.

Look forward to seeing these in a cache. At least I hope someone turns some loose. :ph34r:

Thanks for the great comments. I'll try to answer several questions:

Trackable - YES these are Groundspeak trackable. The number goes between the .COM and KEEP. The Samples I talked about in the email are not trackable since they are samples. However the standard issue coins will be trackable with a custom icon.

Color Schemes - There are 2 color schemes: warm and cool.

Price: $7.90 each or 1 of each color for $15.

Availability: Orders in early August, and ship late August.

Name on coin: My name is always somewhere on the coins I make for myself. Usually along the edge. Coins I make for others depends on that individual's desires.

They came out really nice Crake.

Just wonder why the above "poster" doesn't have a problem with the geocachers name not being on it when the above "poster" does have a problem when others don't put their caching name on other coins. I quote the above "poster" from another geocoin discussion "Too bad they neglected to put their geocaching nicks on the coin. Then I think it would be a fantastic personal geocoin. As it stands right now, it's a generic coin that somehow managed to get approval for tracking numbers. Shame." end quote. :) Guess it may depend on the coin maker?

Just food for thought. :( But enough of that.

Because Crake makes art and others make coins :)

You will be able to order from the suncatcher webpage (per forum rules I can't post a link directly to the store, but you'll be able to get to it from the coin's page).

As far as quantity goes, I will have sufficient coins on hand to satisfy all demand during the period that the coin is active. This period is no shorter than 1 month. I believe in stress-free ordering (no F5 hitting here!)

These are a great coin concept as usual great work Chris, I was fortunate enough to buy one of the coin samples at auction at the "E" place of the Warm, Will be a welcome addition to my collection,

And when they go on sale do plan on buying a couple more of each,, Cheers, Glenn