How To Get The Size Of Cache For A Paperless Cache?

theslowskys

I use cachemate and it gives you everything in the cache description listing pretty much but...

I do not see a field in the description or in the regular geocaching listings descriptions on www.geogache.com for "hide and seek a cache" that tells you the cache size.

If you do a search with "hide and seek a cache" and get a bunch of caches listed, it shows on the "list" page it's relative size under the (D/T) Difficulty and terain information with a little graphic. the further to the right it is the bigger it is. It also shows it on http://www.geocaching.com/seek/gmnearest.aspx

But if you look at the description which tells you everything about the cache it does not list the size as a field. At least I can not find it. Where is it?

Sometimes the owner lists it out in the description text but not normally.

Am I missing something?

I think that the size is an important field to log. I like to go for the medium to larger ones and not the micros as I am just getting started and the icros are much harder to find.

I use the pocket queries so I would like it to be a well known field that gets captured when you download a couple hundred of the caches.

Is there a way to find the size in the description?

Why isn't it part of the Difficulty/Terain/ Size rating would be nice to have in there just like it is on the list page.

I know you can do your inital search by cache saize in the pocket queries but what about when you did not do that and you want to find it later. Maybe you said give me the small medium and large but not micro. How do you tell later what size it is?

Is there a way to get that?

I think the question was about CACHEMATE.

"Container:" is the 6th line of text on both the "Description" screen and the "Overview" screen. It doesn't exactly jump out at you, and obviously, if container size isn't specified on the cache listing, this field is blank in Cachemate as well.

Bye

OOps. Edited cause I didn't mean to quote Briansnat so I removed the quote.

Bye

Edited by Exotic Dancer

If you use GSAK, you can use the Smart Name code for the Waypoint. The code can include not only the Size, but the Type of cache, and the Difficulty and Terrain, based on a 10-point scale.

Although I should read the cache description before I start my search, if I look down at my GPSr and the waypoint name says:

WATERF RT22

I know I am looking for "Waterfall" which is a Regular-sized Traditional cache that is a 1.5 Difficulty and a 1.5 Terrain.

You can even put the Hint on your GPSr. :laughing:

If you use GSAK, you can use the Smart Name code for the Waypoint. The code can include not only the Size, but the Type of cache, and the Difficulty and Terrain, based on a 10-point scale.

Although I should read the cache description before I start my search, if I look down at my GPSr and the waypoint name says:

WATERF RT22

I know I am looking for "Waterfall" which is a Regular-sized Traditional cache that is a 1.5 Difficulty and a 1.5 Terrain.

You can even put the Hint on your GPSr. :laughing:

1.5? Interesting. Say, if you have a color unit, do you get the big red circle too? :laughing::ph34r::laughing:

Edited by Team Cotati

"Container:" is the 6th line of text on both the "Description" screen and the "Overview" screen. It doesn't exactly jump out at you, and obviously, if container size isn't specified on the cache listing, this field is blank in Cachemate as well.

Bye

Bye

Bye

Bye

How can I download the hint to my gps? I use swak and whenI download the cache from geocaching .com it reads no hint but there is a hint on the cache page

tallyho22

I don't know about cachemate for palm, but in cachemate for ppc (pocketpc), you can see the container size. You need to scroll to the right and it should be listed.

I changed mine to show to the left

4645ab3a-fa9d-4b0b-9129-5c2b3fb1c7c7.jpg

L=Large

R=Regular

S=Small

M=Micro

O=Other

V=Virtual

U=Unknown

You can rearrange the order of the columns by clicking on

455bdf06-4992-4baa-b34d-1f953969b36a.jpg

List/Edit Columns

Then you can check/uncheck any columns you want or do not want. You can also rearrange the order of the columns.

229c563d-c1ff-4aee-9064-b2c2f28baf4b.jpg