New Purchase....

troutfly72

Just purchased an Garmin eTrek Legend. Way cool. I found myself navagating the menues befor reading the manual. Any other users as excited as me to get started out there and if so, do you start my entering some caches coordinates and go find them? Is it that easy or am I missing something?

The easist way is to hold down the botton above the screen for a few seconds, that will set a waypoint. Push up till the coords are highlighted than push the botton again. from there you can manualy edit the coords to what you want, trhe ones on the cache page. When that is done just hit go to and it will take you there. I'd play with it in a field or park, set a waypoint walk away than hit go to and go back. try using the arrow one and the compass for a few and see what one you like better. Hope this helps.

Just purchased an Garmin eTrek Legend. Way cool. I found myself navagating the menues befor reading the manual. Any other users as excited as me to get started out there and if so, do you start my entering some caches coordinates and go find them? Is it that easy or am I missing something?

Yes, basically that is all you need to do to start. You might want to pick a few of the easier ones to get a feel for caching. Just read the cache pages carefully before heading out.

Read through this site as well.

http://www.geocacher-u.com/