Caches Along A Route Pq Bug

TinSparrow

I've think found a bug on the new PQ screen used for defining PQ's for caches along a route. The buggy behavior that I can reproduce is that it's possible for the "Any Cache Type" part of the form to get out of sync with the master check box for this part of the form.

I can reproduce as follows, and it seems to take two saves (submits) to the PQ form to reproduce. Here's how:

1. Select a usable route and create a new PQ. Advance to the next screen.

2. On the PQ form, uncheck "Any cache type". The greyed-out part of the form will become active.

3. For cache type, select Traditional cache, Multi-cache, Unknown cache.

4. Save this PQ by clicking the Submit button.

5. Once the PQ has been saved, look at the "Any cache type" section of the form. Sometimes it is broken after the first save, but I've only have that happen once. If it looks good, go to step 6 and save the PQ a second time.

6. Click the Submit button again and save the PQ a second time.

7. Once the PQ has been resaved, the "Any cache type" section of the form is greyed-out, even though the master check box is not checked.

If this has been previously reported, please Markwell me and I'll go back to my dark corner and be quiet.

Thanks in advance.

Is this actually working at all? Submitted a query over 12 hours and another 4 hours ago and haven't received it.

I've not actually tried to schedule a PQ today, so I don't know if they're being delivered or not. The bug that I described is on the PQ order screen and is most likely unrelated to any other PQ delivery slowness.

I've had the exact same problem described above happen to me, I was able to duplicate it on every try by the exact same steps as above.

I've been getting my PQ's when I was sending them in right away. Well that was last night anyways..

i have a somewhat large problem. I can uplad .kml files but can not preview them or save them. I check off the box and when I click on the save tab it says "Please select a route to uplad". I thought it was my PC so I restarted and tried again and it daid the same thing. Does anyboy else have this or know how to fix it?

i have a somewhat large problem. I can uplad .kml files but can not preview them or save them. I check off the box and when I click on the save tab it says "Please select a route to uplad". I thought it was my PC so I restarted and tried again and it daid the same thing. Does anyboy else have this or know how to fix it?

I had this happen to me once when I had a route longer than 500 miles (this may just be coincidental). I shortened my route and I've never seen the problem you describe again.

I submitted a pq request yesterday. No result. I reviewed my query today and reset the distance from the route to 2 miles instead of 0.5 miles. Set the day for today. Got an instant result in my email. Make of this what you will, but it worked today.

I am having the exact same problem. My route is only about 70 miles.. This should be short enough. I restarted my computer and cleared all cookies. When I click on the preview button, it says "error on page" in the status bar at the bottom. I am using Internet Explorer

I am having the exact same problem. My route is only about 70 miles.. This should be short enough. I restarted my computer and cleared all cookies. When I click on the preview button, it says "error on page" in the status bar at the bottom. I am using Internet Explorer

exactly but mine is only 50.46 miles.

I had this happen to me once when I had a route longer than 500 miles (this may just be coincidental). I shortened my route and I've never seen the problem you describe again.

I have had the same problem. I did the routes on Google Earth and saved them as .kml files and named them. After that I unzipped them. Then I went to the user routes page at geocaching.com and tried to upload them. Nothing happened and the route did not show up. The route is definitely less than 500 miles and does not have any waypoints yet. I did get the pocket queries that I asked for so I know that it works. Haven't done anything with that yet. Any ideas??? Thanks.