Jeep 4x4 2006 Geocaching Challenge

Bryan

Still waiting here, too. It wasn't in today's mail, and we leave tomorrow morning on vacation. It will probably show up tomorrow and just have to sit in the mailbox a few days until we get back.

If you post your street address here, I'm sure a local cacher there would be happy to, uh..."safeguard" your Jeep Travel Bug! :)

Log: Found GJTB in mailbox hybrid. B)

Still waiting here, too. It wasn't in today's mail, and we leave tomorrow morning on vacation. It will probably show up tomorrow and just have to sit in the mailbox a few days until we get back.

If you post your street address here, I'm sure a local cacher there would be happy to, uh..."safeguard" your Jeep Travel Bug! :)

Log: Found GJTB in mailbox hybrid. B)

Whew me to. I was beginning to wonder. I am never lucky enough to get one in a cache. The two yellow I got were through the mail in and at an event. The white I got from one of the good "insiders" who took pity on me. If I dont get a chance at the beginning I never see one again.

The last of the 2006 GJTBs were mailed from Groundspeak HQ yesterday. Unfortunately, as expected, we could not fulfill all requests. They should arrive within a week to 7 business days.

Don't forget to enter the sweepstakes, it'd probably be even more fun to receive a full sized one.

edit: added "business"

Crossing my fingers that one will show up in my mailbox in the next few days. :)

Airmapper, KY mail must be slow. No Jeep for me either.

I bet those Seattle folk wrote the address real fast - Don't they know we read slower down here? :D;)

Am I twisted for feeling better that others haven't gotten their Jeeps?

GEO.JOE

I got my Jeep today. So there is still hope for those that have just about given up B)

It wasn't the address, I wrote the address and know I wrote it slow enough for the mail folks to read.

I think the problem may have been the 9 stamps on the package (1 - .39, 1 -.03, 2 - .01, 2 - .24, 3 - .10)B) We only got 10 fingers and 10 toes how are we supposed to add all that up? B)B):DB)

Airmapper, KY mail must be slow. No Jeep for me either.

I bet those Seattle folk wrote the address real fast - Don't they know we read slower down here? :DB)

Am I twisted for feeling better that others haven't gotten their Jeeps?

GEO.JOE

I got my Jeep today. So there is still hope for those that have just about given up B)

It wasn't the address, I wrote the address and know I wrote it slow enough for the mail folks to read.

I think the problem may have been the 9 stamps on the package (1 - .39, 1 -.03, 2 - .01, 2 - .24, 3 - .10);) We only got 10 fingers and 10 toes how are we supposed to add all that up? B):DB):D

Good! Maybe I'll get one yet. B)

That's what I done, I wrote it too fast. B)

;) Whoooeee! Got my Jeep in the mail. Won't have time to hide it in a new cache-will have to settle for one of my old ones. Oh, well, what do you expect when school starts for us Monday? It'll make for a brighter week knowing there are some jeeps floating around out there.

Thanks, Groundspeak! What a personal touch! Did ya'll lick those stamps yourselves? I might have to save the envelope as a souvenir. B) I appreciate ya'll's time. Thanks for the jeep!

Abigail

I don't think it had anything to do with the handwritten labels, or mish-mash of postage stamps. I just got mine yesterday, and the postmark was Aug 2nd from WA state. Quite quick, only 2 days from WA to WI. So it appears many of the jeeps didn't even go into the mail until this week.

Good point, my package is post marked August 3 so that is pretty quick trip for it to get to KY by today.

Thanks Groundspeak, I was just poking fun earlier - I'm married so we can count to 40 now ;)B):D

GEO.JOE

I got my Jeep on Friday, tried to activate it, and it won't activate, of course (Why does this seem to be the story of my life lately?). I put it in a cache yesterday, and it won't show up. I got one tag with the ID, and the tracking number brings up an entirely different travel bug.

Does anyone know how to fix this mess? All I can do is write notes.

Now, before you all start thinking I have the IQ of a rock... please note that I have placed travel bugs before with no problems, this is just my first time entering the Jeep contest.

Thank you.

The last of the 2006 GJTBs were mailed from Groundspeak HQ yesterday. Unfortunately, as expected, we could not fulfill all requests. They should arrive within a week to 7 business days.

Don't forget to enter the sweepstakes, it'd probably be even more fun to receive a full sized one.

edit: added "business"

Crossing my fingers that one will show up in my mailbox in the next few days. :o

A green jeep showed up in yesterday's mail! :P

I got my Jeep on Friday, tried to activate it, and it won't activate, of course (Why does this seem to be the story of my life lately?). I put it in a cache yesterday, and it won't show up. I got one tag with the ID, and the tracking number brings up an entirely different travel bug.

You don't have to activate it. You just use the Grab It option and it goes into your inventory. But if you're having a problem pulling up the right TB, this is moot.

it'd probably be even more fun to receive a full sized one.

If I win do I have to pass it along within two weeks? :laughing:

Does anyone know if someone won a Jeep in the past two contests I heard the first year the winner wasn't a geocacher. Is this information posted on Jeep.com?

I got my green Jeep TB in the mail Friday! It only took a week or so after I sent it my form.

I also know of one other person in my town that received one!

Now, can someone please explain the photo contest to me? What do I need to take a picture of before I set this TB free?

Thanks!

If you post your street address here, I'm sure a local cacher there would be happy to, uh..."safeguard" your Jeep Travel Bug! :blink:

Log: Found GJTB in mailbox hybrid. :anicute:

We got home from our trip today, and the jeep (with all his stamps) was waiting for us in the mailbox. :anibad::laughing::laughing: Now I have to charge the camera back up so I can take his picture.

I got my green Jeep TB in the mail Friday! It only took a week or so after I sent it my form.

I also know of one other person in my town that received one!

Now, can someone please explain the photo contest to me? What do I need to take a picture of before I set this TB free?

Thanks!

Set it free. Enter with one you find. This is clear in the rules:

To Enter the Photo Contest (Entry requires participation in the Geocaching Experience as described below):

1. You must visit a Green Jeep Travel Bug listing page on Geocaching.com by following the instructions in either (1) or (2) below:

(1) Locate a Green Jeep Travel Bug in a geocache and enter the Travel Bug unique tracking number in the field provided at http://jeep.geocaching.com. Once you click the submit button, you will be directed to the Travel Bug listing page for that Green Jeep Travel Bug.

(2) Visit a geocaching.com cache listing page for a cache which indicates that a Green Jeep Travel Bug is reported to be at the cache location. Click on the Green Jeep Travel Bug link on the cache listing page to visit the Travel Bug listing page for that Green Jeep Travel Bug.

etc., etc., etc.

SEE: http://jeep.geocaching.com/contest/rules.aspx

Edited by coggins

This may have been said before, but in the picture they are showing the tracking number. :D :D :):D:D

JP8M3W = "Copper Mountain (CO)" Green Jeep Travel Bug :D

This Green Jeep Travel Bug is named in honor of Copper Mountain. Copper Mountain is located in Colorado, USA and sits 9,776 feet above sea level. View caches near Copper Mountain.

Edited by twisted76017

This may have been said before, but in the picture they are showing the tracking number. :D :D :):D:D

This Green Jeep Travel Bug is named in honor of Copper Mountain. Copper Mountain is located in Colorado, USA and sits 9,776 feet above sea level. View caches near Copper Mountain.

And if you look in the travel bug options box you will see that found it logs are locked. The thing I find odd is that currently there are 59 users watching this GJTB. I wonder if that makes it the most watched GJTB so far.

This may have been said before, but in the picture they are showing the tracking number. :D :D :D:):D

And if you look in the travel bug options box you will see that found it logs are locked. The thing I find odd is that currently there are 59 users watching this GJTB. I wonder if that makes it the most watched GJTB so far.

It is a waste of time to watch this GJTB. Watch the ones in your state if you want to find one. First week and I have found three this way.

:) Got my suspicious looking package in the mail today! First pipe-bombs in the woods, now mail-bombs. Those geocachers are up to no good! :D

Glad I don't live in military barracks anymore. This would never have made it into the mail-room. Is somebone at Groundspeak trying to get me into stamp-collecting?

TFTGJTB!

If I was concerned about wasting my time, I wouldn't be hanging out in the forums. :)

Good one, some of us newbies come here to learn a thing or two from the more experienced cachers like youself. Thanks for the tip.

I do my share, probably more than people like, but I am more than happy to help a newbie with an honest question.

The rest of the time is spent goofing around.

Either way, I don't care for the lecture.

If I was concerned about wasting my time, I wouldn't be hanging out in the forums. :)

Good one, some of us newbies come here to learn a thing or two from the more experienced cachers like youself. Thanks for the tip.

I do my share, probably more than people like, but I am more than happy to help a newbie with an honest question.

The rest of the time is spent goofing around.

Either way, I don't care for the lecture.

It wasn't really a lecture, you needn't take it that way and be offended. People here are asking how to find local bugs and that has yet to be addressed. As I have found some, I have a good idea as to how to find them, that's all. I'm sure you have been more help that most including myself, and that is a good thing. Keep up the good work.

Launched one in Arizona yesterday, placed it in a new cache. My Question is How can you find caches where these have been placed? I know I can go through the find a cache page but do I really have to look at every cache in the state until I find the GJ icon?

Couple of things, you can use the pocket querries to find caches in your area with bugs in them, and then seach the caches for a GJTB icon. This page is also of help: http://jeep.geocaching.com/track/history.aspx

Launched one in Arizona yesterday, placed it in a new cache. My Question is How can you find caches where these have been placed? I know I can go through the find a cache page but do I really have to look at every cache in the state until I find the GJ icon?

Couple of things, you can use the pocket querries to find caches in your area with bugs in them, and then seach the caches for a GJTB icon. This page is also of help: http://jeep.geocaching.com/track/history.aspx

That is exactly what I do! Of course I haven't found any near enough to go grab, but that's how I looked for them.

On another note, everyone keeps mentioning the amount of stamps on their Jeep package. I feel cheated because I just got one lousy stamp for $0.87 from stamps.com on mine! :)

That is exactly what I do! Of course I haven't found any near enough to go grab, but that's how I looked for them.

On another note, everyone keeps mentioning the amount of stamps on their Jeep package. I feel cheated because I just got one lousy stamp for $0.87 from stamps.com on mine! :)

Wow, you did get cheated.

I'm keeping my envelope for amusement value. May turn it into a TB. :D

Ok, this is for the hard core seeker: go to the 'Jeep4x4_2006' user page, look at their 'List of Trackables Owned' and go through all 300 pages. Check all the logs, and when you see that a cacher is in your state and holding a GJTB, add the bug to your watchlist. This should take about an hour on a highspeed connection. Once they get dropped, you get an email. Proper filtering of your email will show the drops and recoveries. If you live by a state-line, you might want to 'watch' bugs in both (or more) states near the line. This is the short version. Good luck.

Edited by coggins