Jeep 4x4 2006 Geocaching Challenge

Bryan

I was actually going to post yesterday and ask if it would be in bad taste to grab the Jeep TB that was placed in a cache that I own GCWHE4... Thought about it, decided that it probably would be poor form and before I could change my mind, someone else found my cache and took the TB. <_< That's fine, it is a fairly hard cache and takes about 4 hours to find... and in the TX heat, it's even worse. So, the finder deserves it... now, to figure out where it will be next and get there! At least I know for sure that one was in my area (and cache) for a little while!

Is there anyplace that we can go to figure out where all of these are currently at? Or, do we have to go through all of the caches in the area looking for the pretty green wheels?

Thanks!

I would like to thank the two people that actually placed the green JEEPs in real caches here in California. Hopefully within the next two weeks one or two will show up in this state.

Yes, a very big thanks to all who deside to place the GJTBs they get in to caches. The more that actually make it in to caches means a better chance that I will eventually see one of these. Hopefully this new disribution method will get more JeepTBs in to caches than past methods have. So far so good.

I would like to thank the two people that actually placed the green JEEPs in real caches here in California. Hopefully within the next two weeks one or two will show up in this state.

Yes, a very big thanks to all who deside to place the GJTBs they get in to caches. The more that actually make it in to caches means a better chance that I will eventually see one of these. Hopefully this new disribution method will get more JeepTBs in to caches than past methods have. So far so good.

MONTHLY CONTEST GOAL THEMES:

AUGUST GOAL:

DISCOVERY

Lots of 'discovering' going on, but very little placement.

Still waiting here, too. It wasn't in today's mail, and we leave tomorrow morning on vacation. It will probably show up tomorrow and just have to sit in the mailbox a few days until we get back.

If you post your street address here, I'm sure a local cacher there would be happy to, uh..."safeguard" your Jeep Travel Bug! :shocked:

MONTHLY CONTEST GOAL THEMES:

AUGUST GOAL:

DISCOVERY

Lots of 'discovering' going on, but very little placement.

Well that just figures. I wonder how soon it will be before someone start an Ebay auction for the right to log a JeepTB?

Still waiting for ours. Sent in the form during the first week of distribution, but still no Jeep.

Sent my request in rather quickly as well and havn't recieved one yet. I have seen a few posts here stating the same thing so i'm thinking that maybe we should have waited until the last minute to send those forms in. The old "you snooze, you lose" saying doesn't seem to pertain in this situation! <_<

Not giving up yet, hopefully we'll see one shortly!

I sent mine in the day it was posted online. It took 1 week to get mine and two other people from our team have yet to get thiers. It just takes time with the US Mail. Groundspeak posted a note on the forums a few days ago stating that everyone who sent in for one would get one and that they still had jeeps for those who still wanted one. I'm sure everyone will get one in the next couple days.

Still waiting here, too. It wasn't in today's mail, and we leave tomorrow morning on vacation. It will probably show up tomorrow and just have to sit in the mailbox a few days until we get back.

I've been checking mail every day since they started arriving at other cachers mail in my area - still not here. I'm hoping that my request wasn't lost in the mail, or that my mailman delivered it somewhere else, etc., etc. I wonder if I should send in another request form? Please, oh please, be in my mailbox today...

I wish I could have gotten more than one so I could have put them a few more around the north west florida area. I am sure they probably always end up with left overs lol.. maybe next time they will limit it to 2 or 3 per person. I am not really interested in winning a the little jeep thing they are giving away, I just wanted to put them out. Peace out

We still have Jeeps. All orders received so far have been filled.

As of July 28, Groundspeak posted the following.

If no one in the contiguous US wants to place those GJTBs, I'd be more than happy to place them in Hawaii. Then if someone in the contiguous US wants to do the contest thing they simple have to fly to Hawaii and take one home with them. With a thousand or so floating around the islands they wouldn't be very hard to find.

.Edoted fur speling

Edited by Glenn

We still have Jeeps. All orders received so far have been filled.

Got my Green Jeep 7/28/06. Thank you very much!!! "San Bernardino East Peak (CA)" is waiting in my newest 4x4 cache that is soon to be published. (4x4 13-Empire Hilton) You will need a Jeep to get the Jeep! <_<

Inkbleed got her Jeep today. We mailed on the same day. I am the one who told her about it. It wouldn't be fair for her to get her Jeep and me not have one. I rushed home (they close at 4)and I got there at 4:01. She was leaving. Oh, no!

"Do I have a package?" I ask.

"Yes, you do."

"Please, can I have it? Please, it might be a Jeep."

She is kind enough to go look. Don't cha love a small town? They humor the crazy geocaching people.

"It doesn't look like it," she says casually.

It wasn't a Jeep...it was a book. A book! Where is my Jeep? (anguish, weeping) Oh, where art thou, oh my Jeep?!

OK. I am over it. I'll check again tommorrow. I've got a new book to read! :laughing:

I've been checking mail every day since they started arriving at other cachers mail in my area - still not here. I'm hoping that my request wasn't lost in the mail, or that my mailman delivered it somewhere else, etc., etc. I wonder if I should send in another request form? Please, oh please, be in my mailbox today...

I am in the some boat, and I live in Oregon. There is a catch 22 here, it was stated if you send in more than one request that you forfiet your chances of getting one. So if you send in one then they get your first one do you forfiet your chances to get any?

I cant imagine why it would take so long to get from Seatle to Portland but I still hold out hope. I just wish there was a way to check if they even got my request. When we did it on line (for the last of the yellow Jeeps) at least I got an auto message that they recieved it. Now its just cross your fingers and hope.

Still no Jeep for me.

Good thing LSUMonica showed me hers, or I'd probably never see one.

Maybe it will come tomorrow.

Airmapper, KY mail must be slow. No Jeep for me either.

I bet those Seattle folk wrote the address real fast - Don't they know we read slower down here? :laughing::laughing:

Am I twisted for feeling better that others haven't gotten their Jeeps?

GEO.JOE

I know the feeling. I feel like the kid from the Christmas story who rushes home everynight to check the mailbox. I don't have a jeep either. :laughing:

There is still hope that I will come home tonight and I will find one in my mailbox! :laughing: I haven't even seen any in the caches around here. I hope if I don't get mine that at least I can find one in a cache. I have a feeling though in the beginning it will be a mad rush to get them.

I placed one in a new members only cache. The audit log was interesting. Apparently any number of cachers have watchlisted a huge number of GJTBs, because that cache (in central Florida) was viewed by cachers from CA, NC, NH and GA (as well as the usual locals). I don't usually get that kind of interest in a new cache hide! Cache found and GJTB taken on the day of publication, not surprising.

Inkbleed got her Jeep today. We mailed on the same day. I am the one who told her about it. It wouldn't be fair for her to get her Jeep and me not have one. I rushed home (they close at 4)and I got there at 4:01. She was leaving. Oh, no!

"Do I have a package?" I ask.

"Yes, you do."

"Please, can I have it? Please, it might be a Jeep."

She is kind enough to go look. Don't cha love a small town? They humor the crazy geocaching people.

"It doesn't look like it," she says casually.

It wasn't a Jeep...it was a book. A book! Where is my Jeep? (anguish, weeping) Oh, where art thou, oh my Jeep?!

OK. I am over it. I'll check again tommorrow. I've got a new book to read! :(

You know, I think you have to live in a small town to fully appreciate that. :D:D:(

I am sitting here reading this thread and decided to have a look at some caches around me and see if one has left a GJTB near by (It was 3:30A.M. at this point). Well what do you know there is one in a cache and it is only 7 miles away, and it is accessible 24 hours.

I grab shoes & GPS and out the door I go, I scored a find on the cache at 4 A.M. First night caching I have ever done.

It is now 6 A.M. and time for bed.

Jim

Kc8bdr

I am sitting here reading this thread and decided to have a look at some caches around me and see if one has left a GJTB near by (It was 3:30A.M. at this point). Well what do you know there is one in a cache and it is only 7 miles away, and it is accessible 24 hours.

I grab shoes & GPS and out the door I go, I scored a find on the cache at 4 A.M. First night caching I have ever done.

It is now 6 A.M. and time for bed.

Jim

Kc8bdr

Congrats to kc8bdr for joining the very exclusive 'found in the wild' club! There aren't many of us at this point. Hopefully many more will join.

The last of the 2006 GJTBs were mailed from Groundspeak HQ yesterday. Unfortunately, as expected, we could not fulfill all requests. They should arrive within a week to 7 business days.

Don't forget to enter the sweepstakes, it'd probably be even more fun to receive a full sized one.

edit: added "business"

Edited by Rothstafari