Jeep 4x4 2006 Geocaching Challenge

Bryan

Excitedly printed off the form, filled it out, then read the small print:

US residents only, exludes Alaska and Hawaii

Bummer for the 49th and 50th STATES. :P

Glad I saw that before putting a stamp on an envelop.

Guess shipping a winning full-size Jeep would be a bit much :blink:

Hey Ladybug Kids.

If I get one, I will send it your way. B)

I sent off my request late (just yesterday) so I have hope that there is one just waiting to come to me. If yes, then I will be happy. If no, well then I may just move to Hawaii...... or Alaska..... if only just to cache in those two beautiful places!

I was looking to see if any of the new GJTB'S where activated so I could see how many where and the locations of the jeeps by State. None are showing activated yet. Did they send a letter asking not to active until Aug. 1st?

I was able to grab mine right after I opened the envelope :blink:

How can you see the locations by state?

I was going to put mine out today, but then I realized that the competition doesn't officially start until the 1st. There were no instructions in the envelope. Anyone know when we are supposed to put them out? I also didn't see anything on the official rules page about the first photo competition. Anyone know what's going on?

I was going to put mine out today, but then I realized that the competition doesn't officially start until the 1st. There were no instructions in the envelope. Anyone know when we are supposed to put them out? I also didn't see anything on the official rules page about the first photo competition. Anyone know what's going on?

Jeep 4x4 2006 Geocaching Challenge Contest Rules

If you are impatient, search for the words "2006 CONTEST ENTRY SCHEDULE" after going to the above link.

I have received and posted the first log on mine, I even have placed it in a cache that hopefully will be published tomorrow.

We got ours a couple of days ago. Yahoo!! It's already on the road. Placed it in the new Cache Across America-Louisiana and it was picked up at 11:30 last night. We forgot about it not starting till the 1st so hope we aren't in trouble. Just got so excited about getting one. If they have extra can people get another if they so desire?

Team Gryarvold hope you took your photo to enter in the contest.

We received ours yesterday, and now that the themes for photos has been listed I am contemplating just how to compose our Discovry Photo Theme with the Quacky Mountain Jeep 4x4. Once that is done We will then move Quacky along.

Winner Chosen from Photo entries for

Prizes as follows:

12 :00 :01 a.m. ET 8/1/06

11:59 :59 p.m. ET 8/31/06

Theme Discovery

9/1/06

9/29/06

1 Garmin GPS Unit

12 :00 :01 a.m. ET 9/1/06

11:59 :59 p.m. ET 9/30/06

10/1/06

10/31/06

1 Garmin GPS Unit

12:00 :01 a.m. ET 10/1/06

11:59 :59 p.m. ET 10/31/06

Theme Adventure

11/1/06

11/30/06

1 Garmin GPS Unit

12:00 :01 a.m. ET 11/1/06

11:59 :59 p.m. ET 11/30/06

Theme Camaraderie

12/1/06

12/29/06

1 Garmin GPS Unit

12:00 :01 a.m. ET 12/1/06

11:59 :59 p.m. ET 12/31/06

Theme Heritage

1/2/07

1/31/07

1 Garmin GPS Unit

FINAL PRIZING

2/28/07

Jeep Vehicle

Do not forget that there is the second Sweepstakes drawing that you can enter weekly on the jeep web site.

Edited by chstress53

We still have Jeeps. All orders received so far have been filled.

I take that to mean if you received a form from a member, they will be recieving a jeep?

I can't guarantee it due to acts of god, envelopes falling off the mail truck, etc. But otherwise yes. Some greedy people sending multiple requests may be sorely disappointed though.

Thanks for the reply Jeremy. I'll be in a lawn chair out by my mailbox come Monday. I'm hoping it didn't get stuck in the mail truck somewhere......or delivered to a neighbor or ? ;)

Isn't this a crazy addiction that you get soooo excited over the littlest things! Was having a bad day at the office, went to check my mail and the little guy was sitting in the box waiting for me, sure put a smile on my face...the little things in life! We are on our way to Mexico Wednesday, now thats a place a jeep would like to be.... start your engines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't recieved mine yet and I sent in my request the day after I saw it posted here. Hope the snail mail is the reason I'm still waiting.

Most likely it has more to do with the USPS that anything else. Arkansas seems to be the &*^ end of the postal system.

I know for a fact that first class mail coming from Fresno, California consistantly takes no less than six days to get here.

AR_kayaker

Team Gryarvold hope you took your photo to enter in the contest.

We received ours yesterday, and now that the themes for photos has been listed I am contemplating just how to compose our Discovry Photo Theme with the Quacky Mountain Jeep 4x4. Once that is done We will then move Quacky along.

With a Jeep name like Quacky, I think you need to go discover a duck. Then, when you move along the Green Jeep Travel Bug, eventually you will have to get rid of the duck.

Once again I ask

If no one from a state sends a request form in or people from a state send them in but for whatever reasons Groundspeak says no, then that state in theory is screwed over and wont get jeeps unless people bring them in from out of state??

In the past they have sent them to the charter groups in a bunch of 100 to go out at events. I don't remember the number but wasn't last years total number of jeeps 5000? I don't recall cachers being able to request any to be sent to them?

You are right, that is how they have done it in the past, but this year you have to fill out a form and even if you send one in they can still reserve the right to not send you one. We all know the big names on the forums will be getting one at least...oh well....

You are right, but we all know how the "little" clicks work. Hopefully Jeep will have a fair way of sending the jeeps out so the "little" clicks don't have control of them all.

Got mine today!! What a name for a green jeep, (White Chief). That's another one for Illinois.

Welcome to the little click. <_<

Once again I ask

If no one from a state sends a request form in or people from a state send them in but for whatever reasons Groundspeak says no, then that state in theory is screwed over and wont get jeeps unless people bring them in from out of state??

In the past they have sent them to the charter groups in a bunch of 100 to go out at events. I don't remember the number but wasn't last years total number of jeeps 5000? I don't recall cachers being able to request any to be sent to them?

You are right, that is how they have done it in the past, but this year you have to fill out a form and even if you send one in they can still reserve the right to not send you one. We all know the big names on the forums will be getting one at least...oh well....

You are right, but we all know how the "little" clicks work. Hopefully Jeep will have a fair way of sending the jeeps out so the "little" clicks don't have control of them all.

Got mine today!! What a name for a green jeep, (White Chief). That's another one for Illinois.

Welcome to the little click. <_<

Cool!! I'm in the little click!!

Must be age 18 and over and have a valid driver’s license.

Well, I've got the second part covered, but I really am starting to hate the "18 and over" rule for contests. mad.gif

OK, since I didn't get any real response before, I'll try it again...

Why must one be over 18 and in posession of a valid driver's license in order to hide a matchbox jeep in a tupperware box in the woods?

I don't get it... :(

I've got 9 months to go until I meet the 18+ age requirement, but I'm still confused as to why one needs to be 18+ with a driver's license to help with the TB distribution...

Happy Caching!

Jeff

I was just reading the rules at Jeep and found the following...

If Finalist is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in name of, or to, Finalist’s parent/legal guardian who must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings of Finalist, both on behalf of Finalist and himself/herself, or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate.

http://jeep.geocaching.com/contest/rules.aspx

So, as long as you can convince your parents to let you have a free jeep... I think you'll be OK. Hope that this helps!

scottpash-"I got a Green Jeep to place

but it does not show up in my inventory

so that I can not place it in a cache

What do I do?????"

Sign on to geocaching.com, click on "track travel bugs", enter the GJTB number, then click on "Found It? Log It?", and finally select "grab it from someone else". This will put the bug in your inventory.

The GJTBs seem to be named after West Coast, Hawai'ian and Alaskan mountain peaks. I was looking through the list at the ones named for Hawai'ian peaks and noticed that the descriptions contain a link to search for caches near the peak. Very cool!

I hope everyone remembers to enter the sweepstakes weekly. The rules say Void in HI and AK but both states are valid entries on the address form. I guess I'll enter anyways, the worst that could happen is that I don't win.

Once again, Jeep's contest is limited to residents of the 48 contiguous states. Those of us lucky enough to live in the parts of America which aren't contiguously connected to the rest of the country will bemusedly wait for the new jeep tbs to trickle their way west and north... to be shared in caches and at events... etc etc etc. Yes, I've got a yellow and a white jeep in a cache container right now that are shared at events for the benefit of new Alaskan cachers, as a consequential reaction to this very rule (regardless of what folks think about it in the 'contiguous' Americas). The rules, as we see, are applied differently here. Right now those jeeps are in a care package headed to a caching contingent of the USA's military (they're stationed across ALL the fifty states - not just the contiguous ones) deployed 'somewhere in southwest Asia'...

Interesting in this part of the "contiguous" states we have only seen three white jeeps in fresno and maybe twice that in yellow jeeps. So complaints about not being part of the distribution won't find much support here. the key word in the name of the contest is "Challenge" Given the odds of finding a jeep it may be easier to win the Grand Prize.