Rebate Problems

I checked the status of the rebate offer on my Garmin GPSMAP76CSx online today. Much to my surprise, rebatetrack.com states my rebate is invalid due to a missing receipt. I can assure you the receipt was included. I filled out all the information on the “contact us” form, but could not submit it because Garmin is not listed under “manufacturer”. No phone number is listed, at least that I could find. Any suggestions? Anybody have a phone number for the folks handling the rebate? I did scan all the paperwork to a PDF file for a backup.

I've never even heard of rebatetrack.com......

I haven't either. The link was provided in the email notification:

http://www.rebatetrack.com/promocenter/par...ackdetails.html?

(I deleted my tracking number from the link)

Who emailed you the tracking number? How long after you submitted the rebate did you get the email? I just sent in my Garmin rebate a couple of days ago.....

The email was an auto generated notification from rebatetrack@rebatetrack.com. It was five days after I mailed the rebate before I received the notification and an additional two days before the information was updated (as invalid due to missing receipt).

invalid due to missing receipt......

I have done allot of rebates and I must say this is the most common thing I have heard when I call to inquire about not getting my rebate. I will also say to make copies of everything you send to them, it really does help.

I now avoid all rebates because it to much hassel for me, it's much easier to just wait utill there is a real sale somewhere. Everyone just needs to take a stand against these rebate scams and not buy stuff on rebate, I think if we did we may see allot less of them. I believe I heard bestbuy was going to stop doing mail in rebates because of all the issues people were having actually getting them, though I could be wrong.

I have done allot of rebates and I must say this is the most common thing I have heard when I call to inquire about not getting my rebate. I will also say to make copies of everything you send to them, it really does help.

I now avoid all rebates because it to much hassel for me, it's much easier to just wait utill there is a real sale somewhere. Everyone just needs to take a stand against these rebate scams and not buy stuff on rebate, I think if we did we may see allot less of them. I believe I heard bestbuy was going to stop doing mail in rebates because of all the issues people were having actually getting them, though I could be wrong.

i too will avoid rebates unless it's a must have and receiving the rebate becomes an added bonus! many retailers like compusa i'll never trust! some are trustworth like staples and riteaid, but many manufacturer rebates in my experience are just scam jobs.

i'll read other users experiences before i submit to a purchase with rebate.

there should be a sticky on peoples experiences with etailers and manufacturers rebate. ofcource we wouldnt find out until 8 weeks later. by then who remembers what it was for. and if you never receive you wouldnt know anyway because you've already forgotten about it. that's been my experience. only when i receive a postcard that gives a lame excuse for honoring the rebate: wrong date, missing receipt, missing form/application or wrong form.

so, i just really dont bother with rebates anymore. i'll wait for a sale, or go elsewhere, if it's cheaper than list.

ofcource we wouldnt find out until 8 weeks later. by then who remembers what it was for. and if you never receive you wouldnt know anyway because you've already forgotten about it. that's been my experience. only when i receive a postcard that gives a lame excuse for honoring the rebate: wrong date, missing receipt, missing form/application or wrong form.

so, i just really dont bother with rebates anymore. i'll wait for a sale, or go elsewhere, if it's cheaper than list.

That's why you keep records of when you sent the rebate in, what the rebate was for, etc... So far using that method, I have not missed a single rebate and I've done plenty. It's all about keeping GOOD records. And then if they invalidate the rebate you need to keep on them and provide them with what they need.

I called the company that sent me the email tracking information and got voicemail. I got frustrated waiting for a reply (I’m not a patient person) and decided to call Garmin. Garmin’s customer support did not let me down. The lady I spoke with had me email her the copies I had made of all the material. Almost immediately she sent me an email confirmation that she had corrected the problem.

Garmin’s customer support is great!!! :mad:

I just checked the Rebate Track Center and my "missing receipt" has been changed to "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing". That was quick.

Thanks Garmin! :(

Excellent! I've had amazingly good luck with Garmin. Their support folks are awesome. I've never failed to get a rebate yet out of all the ones I've submitted over the years. I am like some others who posted above. I make copies of everything. I've never needed the copies yet but that doesn't stop me from making them just in case. :mad:

I too have sent in a lot of receipts. I makes copies of everything. I keep very close track of the rebate status. I follow the instructions to the letter 'T'.

This rebate was a little different though. It stated that I had to buy from an authorized Garmin Dealer. I looked up GPSDiscount before I bought the unit. Of course, they are an authorized dealer. It also asked for the ORIGINAL receipt. That is what I disliked. In the past, I have mailed copies of receipts. Never have I sent in the original. Not to mention, the only original receipt I had was the invoice that came with the unit. So I went ahead and mailed the original invoice after I made copies of everything.

Later, I received the email with the rebate tracking URL. Upon clicking, the website indicated that my rebate was valid and in the final stages of processing. As with all rebates, they will wait until the next business quarter before sending the checks. (It looks good if they can post large gains even though a bunch of money will leave the company in the following weeks.)

It's nearing the time limit (09 July, 2006) for my 76CSx rebate. They say they want the actually bar code from the box, completed coupon and the original receipt. I ordered mine from Amazon, so all I got was an invoice. Do I send that, or maybe a copy of the verification e-mail?

Go back to Amazon and log in and check on your past orders. Print it out.

I believe I heard bestbuy was going to stop doing mail in rebates because of all the issues people were having actually getting them, though I could be wrong.

I saw a news article that verified my statements before. we can now also add office max to the list.

officemax and bestbuy are ending mail in rebates.

http://news.com.com/OfficeMax+bids+farewel...ml?tag=nefd.top

Edited by hogrod

I am surprised that BestBuy is stopping its rebate program. I have never failed to receive my rebate for an item purchased from them. You just have to be patient, because it will take a while just like with every other rebate.

Then you are one of the lucky ones.

Best Buy and Fry's were both investigated by our State Attorney General because of their high rate of rejections and complaints about their rebates.

I am surprised that BestBuy is stopping its rebate program. I have never failed to receive my rebate for an item purchased from them. You just have to be patient, because it will take a while just like with every other rebate.

The new plan looks much better anyway, you get the manufacture rebate price but it's knocked off at the store and also don't have to pay tax on that money like normal. I like that.

The new plan looks much better anyway, you get the manufacture rebate price but it's knocked off at the store and also don't have to pay tax on that money like normal. I like that.

sort of like an "instant rebate". i rarely buy from best buys, their prices to me never seem to be the best buy, but i did get the rebate that was offered a couple of month ago! guess the investigation from the atty gen forced them to honor my rebate!

I just checked the Rebate Track Center and my "missing receipt" has been changed to "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing". That was quick.

Thanks Garmin! :D

Good for you for scanning the documents!

As for rebates in general, I will NEVER shop at Fry's again (long story but I'm glad to hear they were investigated for rebate fraud) though I've had good luck with Costco and Best Buy. The Fry's staff, IMHO, are morons.

Best Buy has pretty much replaced my need to ever go to Comp USA again.

I still haven't received any email from these rebate folks. I've never received an email regarding any rebate in the past. I'm wondering why some folks are getting mailed by this rebate track place and others aren't...........

As for Best Buy you can always get a good price. Their policy seems to be that if you can get it cheaper somewhere else they just match that price. My neice used to work for them and she was allowed to price match anybody. When I bought a DVD player a while back I looked around and then told the guy at Best Buy I was heading back across the street to Costco since the same item was almost $20 cheaper. He dropped the price without even verifying the price at Costco.

Hmmmmmmmm........... I just checked the rebate tracking page. Since I don't have an email I used the option to put in my name, address, phone, email, etc. It says I don't exist.

Edited by Thrak

Best Buy has pretty much replaced my need to ever go to Comp USA again.

Just hope you don't have to send anything though them for service. Their service centers are (in my opinion) completely imcompetent. I've quit shopping at BestBuy because I'm sick of the headaches.

I still haven't received any email from these rebate folks. I've never received an email regarding any rebate in the past. I'm wondering why some folks are getting mailed by this rebate track place and others aren't...........

Hmmmmmmmm........... I just checked the rebate tracking page. Since I don't have an email I used the option to put in my name, address, phone, email, etc. It says I don't exist.

It took 2+ weeks or so after I mailed mine in before I received confirmation email. And after you receive the email, wait 1-2 days for it to show up on the rebate website.

I still haven't received any email from these rebate folks. I've never received an email regarding any rebate in the past. I'm wondering why some folks are getting mailed by this rebate track place and others aren't..........

Did you check your spam filter? Are you certain ou wrote the correct email address on the rebate form? As far as Best Buy, I have always received my rebates. The instant rebates are nice, but generally it's not as much of a discount when compared to the same item with a mail-in rebate.

Edited by Seedillume

I still haven't received any email from these rebate folks. I've never received an email regarding any rebate in the past. I'm wondering why some folks are getting mailed by this rebate track place and others aren't..........

Did you check your spam filter? Are you certain ou wrote the correct email address on the rebate form? As far as Best Buy, I have always received my rebates. The instant rebates are nice, but generally it's not as much of a discount when compared to the same item with a mail-in rebate.

Even if it had been deleted automagically or through negligence I "should" still be able to find my info without the number using their alternate method. I'm confident, however, that I didn't accidentally delete the mail. As for the correct address, I check everything on a rebate at least 3 times before sending it. I always have every item exactly as required. I'm pretty anal about it since I want the rebate. So far I've never failed to receive a rebate for anything. I guess I'll just wait and see.

Just got the email a few minutes ago. I'm feeling good now. :laughing:

Check Status of Rebate

Tracking Results: Status Details

Rebate: $100.00 Rebate Check

Rebate Information For: (unit number deleted)

Promotion: Garmin GPSMAP 76Cx and 76CSx $100.00 Rebate

Submission Type: MAIL-IN

Date Received: 07-08-2006

Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing

I live in a small town that up until recently did not have mail delivery within the city limits. You had to get a PO box. Most rebates will not go to PO Boxes, so I was not eligible got the "savings".

They lost my first rebate submission. After sending it again, rebatetrack says I have a missing serial number. Where exactly is the serial number? I used the number that was under the rubber cover, next to the external data port.

Well, after contacting them via the web site, they now say my rebate is valid and scheduled for final processing. Keeping my fingers crossed ...

Another one to watch for is I've seen where a rebate will require you to include the "original receipt" not a copy and the warranty for the product also specifically requires the original receipt not a copy. So in that case you could (if the company decided to be picky, most will accept a copy) be loosing your warranty for the rebate. Best to check with the company though if that's the wording of the rebate and the warranty. As everyone has said, keep good records, copies of the rebate you sent in, the receipt, who and when you talked to if you are trying to get something fixed etc.

They also know that most stores will not accept a product for return if the UPC symbol is gone off the box. Which in part is a good thing, otherwise you'd have people buying stuff, filling out the rebate and returning it. But once you fill out the rebate, your only recourse is to send it in to the company for repair, it's a good idea to put off doing the rebate for awhile to make sure the product isn't defective, as long as the rebate has a good grace period. I also think this is why you see a lot of rebates now with very short time spans, a week or two tops.

Also for those having problems it's usually much faster to get things done if you contact the company that makes the product, most farm out their rebate stuff to other companies, and getting ahold of and fixing issues with them is usually a headache.

Rebates really are a joke, it would be interesting to see how many people rebates convince to purchase a product, and either don't send in the rebate, or their rebate isn't "verified" and they don't bother to correct it. Canon is horrible for this, the rebates take forever and many are stalled or listed with things missing or incorrectly filled out.

I've never had too much hassle with rebates, and I honestly find them kinda fun, because with most it's 6-12 weeks before you get the rebate check, and by then I've totally forgot about the rebate and it's like getting a present in the mail B)

I put the rebate form, rebate receipt and (if applicable) UPC together with glue-stick onto a blank sheet of paper. That way, if they have one, they definitely got the other. Never had a problem. Of course I also take a scan of that glue-job.

Jan

OK, I sent my rebate stuff on 07/06/06, certified so I can prove they received it. I checked on it with USPS, and Garmin got it on the 11th. When I go to the rebate website, nothing appears. Is there an e-mail address for this sort of thing?

Thanks.

I had to wait quite a while before I got the email from the rebate place.

:D:laughing: I think there is a scam going on by Garmin. I bought a new GPS MAP 76CSx. Just today I got a card from Garmin saying my rebate was denied. The postcard said I have an invalid serial number. I think Garmin know they may save a buck or two. Not everyone has time to go after a $100.00. I filled out all the paperwork very carefully, double checking everything and look what happens. I am very disappointed in Garmin and not sure what to do if anything. Has anyone on this Forum had this happen to them? A quick note on this unit GPSMAP 76CSx.. It is awesome! It even aquires in my house. If I have to fight for my rebate it will be the last Garmin I will ever own.