Tracking Code Inserts

ozymandiasism

ozymandiasism, I'll do it the same way. Every coin will be delivered with it's activation code. I consider this as service.. And I also like it to get the acitivation code directly when I buy/get a coin. Don't like it, when I have to search for my code.

As a collector of the coins, I love it when I get the activation codes! Although, I can't imagine trying to match up the #'s for 500 coins! I have a hard time just reading some of the coins, so if someone else has done it, that's a real plus! If you can't send the codes, could you at least let us know where to get them? Sometimes it can be difficult to track down where to go to get the codes! And that's my 2 cents.

I think its great that you are taking the time to suff the codes into each coin but I see nothing wrong with making it well know where you can get the codes. coincodes.com is a great place for that and hogwild has hogcode.com I think as long as you let people know where they can get the code then its all good, I have no problem going online to get my code just a long as I know where to go to get it.

-TJ

I have sent most of my codes out via e-mail to the people who bought them. I keep an Excel database so I know who bought my coin & what coin they have.

Yeah, but I have also purchased coins and gave them to friends and family. They might not be geocachers but having those pieces of paper with the coins sometimes make them more.... special.

Although I agree that online tracking is a much easier channel... But when I buy a coin, I know I want to see that dadgum code on a piece of paper with the coin.... I guess I'm my own enemy :unsure:

hehe, I could have had the coin mint to do it for me but I guess I was too cheap for my own sake. Now I'm paying for it with my sanity :wub: Well, I'll pay for it when the coins come.

I have sent most of my codes out via e-mail to the people who bought them. I keep an Excel database so I know who bought my coin & what coin they have.

Mandollyn, I got my coins today. They are pretty cool & I can even read the #'s without my magnifying glass, but I didn't get an e-mail with my activation codes. I saw this note & went back & double checked my junk box in case MSN filtered it, but I still can't find it. Could you send my e-mail again? Thanks.

I think its great that you are taking the time to suff the codes into each coin but I see nothing wrong with making it well know where you can get the codes. coincodes.com is a great place for that and hogwild has hogcode.com I think as long as you let people know where they can get the code then its all good, I have no problem going online to get my code just a long as I know where to go to get it.

-TJ

I kinda agree with you. But....I hate it when I go to get the code, and the site tells me that the coin does not exist. I have had several instances of just that happening. If the seller gets the codes, that is a way for them to verify that the Tracking numbers have been engraved correctly. What really burns my buttocks is when you pay all that money for coins and you have to play Sherlock Holmes to root out the location of the activation code site...no instructions included with the packaging. :unsure:

-TJ

I kinda agree with you. But....I hate it when I go to get the code, and the site tells me that the coin does not exist. I have had several instances of just that happening. If the seller gets the codes, that is a way for them to verify that the Tracking numbers have been engraved correctly. What really burns my buttocks is when you pay all that money for coins and you have to play Sherlock Holmes to root out the location of the activation code site...no instructions included with the packaging. :unsure:

I agreed. Remember one time when I got a coin from a private seller, a generic coin club insert was in the sleeve of the bag but no code. I emailed the seller whom, did not return my email until over a month later (to be fair, when he emailed me, he did say he did not see my email in the 1st place and he found it when he was archiving his mailbox). Needless to say, I didn't wait for his answer. I had to post a question in the forum, wait for the answer, then go to the website to activate the coin. That was a pain.

So I just printed and cut all 500 tracking and activation code inserts, ready to be put with the coins when I have them in a coupld of weeks. The cutting wasn't as bad... but I can see matching the insert with the coins is going to be tons of fun..... I can't wait to stuff all 500 of them....

Heres how I did it. It only took my wife and i less than 2 hours to do 500 coins.

I sorted my excel sheet by tracking number then printed them onto sheets of small labels. This made it much easier to match the correct tracking/activation code to a coin. My wife would pick a coin and read out the tracking number, and I would find the proper label on the sheet and attach it to the coinflip.

For many of us on the forums, finding the activation code via a website is not too difficult, but please remember the people that don't frequent the forums. They would be at a total loss of how/where to get the codes. Having them attached to the coin is a valuable service, and it negates the problems that may come up when a retrieval website goes down, is deactivated etc in the future.