The World Has Gone Mad!

Well, i can see their point. I mean, a boots customer may have eaten a peanut butter sandwich before touching that canister. If they supplied it to you and the minute trace of peanut on it caused you an allergy, you could sue them.

Thanks for that NickPick, heres me holding the micros in my mouth while signing the log book [:wub:].

Didn't realise there may be nuts on it...

Hmmm.... a bit TOO far maybe, but I'm in China at the moment, and I think I prefer the UK way.

Example #1

Example #2: Yesterday, at the factory, they lifted a twenty tonne machine on two freyed straps and a bloke crawled underneath to drill a hole in the base.

Example #3: The other day, I took 380V across my back because they didn't bother covering the terminals on a door which swung closed as I was working in a cabinet.

Nanny state? Maybe, I think I might like it that way.

Edited by rutson

Example #3: The other day, I took 380V across my back because they didn't bother covering the terminal on a door which swung closed as I was working in a cabinet.

Well, I hope you filled out a RIDDOR report for it (they do have that in Beijing don't they?)

I like the welding example 1. I've seen that done in a few places aswell. Did they have a proper welding visor or just use some cheap sunglasses?

p.s. gary, I wouldn't worry about nuts on it, would be much more concerned about bat droppings :wub:

And the rat wee, and the...

I want to reply but it just ends up as a rant each time so all I'll say is FFS. :wub:

Go on, Rant, you'll feel better for it afterwards ;-)

Edited by NickPick

Well, i can see their point. I mean, a boots customer may have eaten a peanut butter sandwich before touching that canister. If they supplied it to you and the minute trace of peanut on it caused you an allergy, you could sue them.

Thanks for that NickPick, heres me holding the micros in my mouth while signing the log book [:wub:].

Didn't realise there may be nuts on it...

OK so I suppose this forum should have a disclaimer - Warning this forum may contain Nutz! :wub::wub:

Oh no!!

Our favourite walking/geocaching food is Peanut Butter and Jam sandwiches so Boots may not be so daft after all

Now I have to check to make sure Flying Boots haven't visited any caches we are hunting for - Lauren Cache Hopper has a severe nut allergy!! Janice do you eat them whilst standing on your head leaning against huge boulders (picture on GC.com homepage refers) :wub::wub::wub:Liane

Now I have to check to make sure Flying Boots haven't visited any caches we are hunting for - Lauren Cache Hopper has a severe nut allergy!! Janice do you eat them whilst standing on your head leaning against huge boulders (picture on GC.com homepage refers) :wub::wub::wub:Liane

You're ok as long as I have been upside down as to eat whilst doing it gives me indigestion :wub::wub:

"Because we don't know where they have been."
Whoever came up with this must have had some pretty weird ideas about where they *might* have been. Kinda makes you wonder how their mind works.
Having lived with a nurse for a while, and heard all sorts of stories from A&E, I could give you a couple of pointers...

Speaking of Tales of A&E, I landed myself in hospital because of a ketchup bottle the other day - Fact! :wub:

I did have a little laugh about it with the triage nurse as I dripped blood on their floor - I'd cut my ankle open on some broken glass from a bottle of ketchup I'd dropped. I kept a stiff upper lip throughout, of course.

Whoever came up with this must have had some pretty weird ideas about where they *might* have been. Kinda makes you wonder how their mind works.
Having lived with a nurse for a while, and heard all sorts of stories from A&E, I could give you a couple of pointers...

Speaking of Tales of A&E, I landed myself in hospital because of a ketchup bottle the other day - Fact! :wub:

I did have a little laugh about it with the triage nurse as I dripped blood on their floor - I'd cut my ankle open on some broken glass from a bottle of ketchup I'd dropped. I kept a stiff upper lip throughout, of course.

I'm a radiography student and I've seen x-rays of a far more interesting incident with a ketchup bottle than that! :wub:

Lisa

I hope you are joking about the latex gloves Alibags. I have this very day been to hospital to have Day Surgery and it was cancelled owing to the fact that some member of the Staff forgot to tell the Surgeon of my latex Allergy. Believe it or not (I am a nurse myself) there have been cases of anyphaltic shock in surgery with patients of my ilk. The operating thestre has to be cleared of all latex and left for a few hours. It was only a routine investigation so i was happy to go home and eat! I had been starved for 24 hours. Hands off the latex gloves for handling micros! Not allergic to nuts and I hate Peanut better. I Agree the nanny state has gone too far though.

I Agree the nanny state has gone too far though.

I'm sympathetic to this view, but of course in this particular case it's Boots, who last time I checked weren't subject to government orders about this sort of thing. Sometimes the nanny is a moron from legal looking to make a name for himself.

I'm a radiography student and I've seen x-rays of a far more interesting incident with a ketchup bottle than that! :wub:

Lisa

Now I wonder where that got stuck!!!

Male or female victim, Lisa?

I don't know in this case, but anecdotal evidence suggests males are more likely to get into these sticky situations....

Boots announce that they can no longer supply used 35mm film cans due to Health and Safety worries - and the reason???

:o:unsure::D

Do Boots know where the original made in China canisters have been prior to delivery? Go digital. :D

Having watched the Russian video, you're right it wouldn't be allowed here. I mean running across the railway tracks like that!

But the latest H & S madness was in the paper today. Police refused to chase two yobs who had stolen a moped. The reason quoted; They didn't have helmets and might have got injured if they'd fallen off during the chase so for Health and Safety reasons we didn't pursue them.

Well it's as good an excuse as any for letting the criminal rule or should that be lunatics run the asylumn?

BareClawz

The world has gone mad.

Everywhere is festooned with signs alerting you to possible dangers: like don't fall in the river- you may drown. Look out for low-flying albatrosses. Watch out for this sign: bumping into it could cause you serious harm for which the sign-maker bears no responsibility.

Here's one from Jaspiedoos cache by the golf-course - the sign on the steps says "Caution - Please mind the steps"

4a1c0481-c913-46e4-99e6-d3e18837c8d4.jpg

I was so busy trying to read the sign that I tripped over the steps and broke my nose. What dya think everyone - should I sue?

No peanuts, latex etc, but check out this video - it's a bit poor quality wise, but they wouldn't be allowed in the UK

No Latex! and Not Allowed in the UK! I do parkour and have done for 2 years know here are some pics;

urban3runforumbanner1qm.png

mevaulting6zp.jpg

Me Vaulting Off Big a** Slide

mevaulting20cn.jpg

Me Vaulting Off Big a** Slide Again

medoingaspeedvault6nk.jpg

Me Doing a Speed Vault

medoingakong4bg.jpg

Me Doing a Kong on Low Wall (Bloody Hard!!)

myfunnyfacelmao4rc.jpg

My Funny Face From Vaulting Off The Big a** Slide

snapbannerresized1td.jpg

Sadly there is no video footage because we lost it all :mad: But I might just make a video just for you lot so watch this space LOL!!

Oh my! How could they let their own employees handle them when such tragic events could happen! :mad:

I just wish companies would tell the truth. "It's more hastle than it's worth" or whever the real reason is.

thing is i agree that it is ridiculous but it's only happened becasue people will sue over the slightest thing now. and even if the lawsuit ulimately fails it still costs the firms a hell of a lot of money. where as the litigator gets it for free from these no win no fee firms.

thing is i agree that it is ridiculous but it's only happened becasue people will sue over the slightest thing now. and even if the lawsuit ulimately fails it still costs the firms a hell of a lot of money. where as the litigator gets it for free from these no win no fee firms.

When I ended up with my leg in plaster for 4 months and not able to walk properly for a year, I sued! Did I win???

NO!

Obviously my name didn't fit! :unsure:

When I ended up with my leg in plaster for 4 months and not able to walk properly for a year, I sued! Did I win???

NO!

Obviously my name didn't fit! :unsure:

So what were you doing when you broke your leg and why do you think someone else was responsible?

:laughing: I FIND THE SOLUTION

ONE MAN GO TO THE FOTOSHOP AND BUY A 35mm FILM

TAKE SOME GOOD FOTOS AND AFTER THAT PRINT THEM

WHEN HE GO OUT OF THE SHOP HE STEP ON A BANANA AND HIT HIS HEAD

WHEN HE WAKE UP SOMETHINK HAPPENS TO HIS MIND AND <The rest of the post has been edited by Lactodorum>

Edited by Lactodorum

...and....? And what....? This story needs an ending, or I will spend the rest of the week wracking my brains over it :)

Lacto, what were you protecting us from I wonder? Agghh - another unbearable mystery :huh:

This is too much for a part dugong person...I am going to have some toast with peanut butter and jam.