Turn Off Maps On Listing Pages

scavok

Is there an option to not display maps on the description pages? The dinky things are no good and really slow it down...

That would be an excellent idea. Infact sometimes depending where I'm connecting from non of the maps appear on cache description page anyway. I think there should be a user preference to choose which map if any is displayed on the description page.

My two euro cents.

It's definitely a good idea (though we plan to do away with the dinky maps anyway). We'll have some user options to decide whether to see dynamic maps (maybe google, maybe not), static maps (like we have now) or no maps. I'm sure as mapping online progresses there could be other options.

There are lots of ways to not see pictures you don't want to see.

Option 1: Right click on the map. "Block images from maps.Groundspeak.com".

Option 2: Add an entry in your local name resolver or hosts file to make maps.Groundspeak.com to your own computer, 127.0.0.1

Option 3: Use adblock to vaporize the image.

It's definitely a good idea (though we plan to do away with the dinky maps anyway). We'll have some user options to decide whether to see dynamic maps (maybe google, maybe not), static maps (like we have now) or no maps. I'm sure as mapping online progresses there could be other options.

Will there be an option to keep the "dinky" maps for those of us who like them?