Number Of First To Finds In One Day

Only 2 for us and one of those we weren't trying for as we'd already had a FTF earlier that same week with a cache set by Sid and Bob. We thought we'd wait and give someone else a chance at a FTF but by the end of the weekend it still hadn't been found and we just couldn't resist doing at at the end of a days caching as it was so local and in such a lovely area.

Yes you're right, I'd forgotten about that so it's another four in the same day. It's not quantity that counts though, my favourite FTF was also my first, all on it's own in an abandoned railway tunnel.

Grrrrrrrrrr Yep - seem to remember that one!!!

First time we saw you??

Another 10 mins.......

I did 11 in a day, took me from 0730hrs till 2130hrs to complete as the last 2 were DNF's from others, but determination kept me going, I got my 5 mins of fame before seasiider took my title off me 2 months later, but who better, he's the man!

Not wishing to be a party pooper but isn't doing multiple FTFs a bit like being the kid who slips out from the party and then eats half the birthday cake before the rest of us sit down to eat the birthday feast. So that when the dining room door is opened they they are slumped exhausted on the floor with chocolate smeared all round their mouth and half the food knocked off the table.

I once had two FTF on the same day and then felt a bit shame faced so left the other two I could have done so that some others could get the thrill. After all most cachers are constrained by work and/or family commitments so why should those who can go out at any time be hogging all the fun. I know that the junior member of this team would love to get one FTF, but dashing for caches after school we had multiple attempts before he got his one and only to date.

I much prefer chasing down a cache that has either been unfound for weeks/months or a cache which very few have managed to find. :unsure::unsure::blink::blink:

Not wishing to be a party pooper but isn't doing multiple FTFs a bit like being the kid who slips out from the party and then eats half the birthday cake before the rest of us sit down to eat the birthday feast. So that when the dining room door is opened they they are slumped exhausted on the floor with chocolate smeared all round their mouth and half the food knocked off the table.

I once had two FTF on the same day and then felt a bit shame faced so left the other two I could have done so that some others could get the thrill. After all most cachers are constrained by work and/or family commitments so why should those who can go out at any time be hogging all the fun. I know that the junior member of this team would love to get one FTF, but dashing for caches after school we had multiple attempts before he got his one and only to date.

I much prefer chasing down a cache that has either been unfound for weeks/months or a cache which very few have managed to find. :laughing::laughing::ph34r::ph34r:

I totally disagree! Even regular FTF finders have to go to work, and be a family taxi service.

ALL my multiple FTFs have been on a Sunday morning, when nearly anyone can get up and out before me. For some of us the weekend is the only time we can go and find more than just one or two caches. Personally, my favourite time to go caching is first thing on a Sunday, having sorted out my route on Saturday night. As a result I have had 2 sets of 3 FTFs, 2 sets of 4 FTFs, and one set of 6 FTFs. Of course, now all the local cache setters know this, they'll start making sure they're published midweek now. :laughing:

Personally, my favourite time to go caching is first thing on a Sunday, having sorted out my route on Saturday night. As a result I have had 2 sets of 3 FTFs, 2 sets of 4 FTFs, and one set of 6 FTFs. Of course, now all the local cache setters know this, they'll start making sure they're published midweek now. :laughing:

:ph34r:;):laughing: Good on you for beating all shose duvet snugglers to it Bongtwashes :laughing::D:ph34r: