Will I Need Firmware Update?

vinceh

Hi all! New to the site. I just ordered a 60CSx after owning a Garmin III for quite a few years. Looking forward to the technological advancements. I having been voyering on the site for a few weeks before joining and have read about a firmware update to this model. 2.9 I believe. Anyway my questions is, how will I know if my unit already has the most up-to-date software or if I need to install the firmware upware update. Thanks!

Hi all! New to the site. I just ordered a 60CSx after owning a Garmin III for quite a few years. Looking forward to the technological advancements. I having been voyering on the site for a few weeks before joining and have read about a firmware update to this model. 2.9 I believe. Anyway my questions is, how will I know if my unit already has the most up-to-date software or if I need to install the firmware update. Thanks!

Hi all! New to the site. I just ordered a 60CSx after owning a Garmin III for quite a few years. Looking forward to the technological advancements. I having been voyering on the site for a few weeks before joining and have read about a firmware update to this model. 2.9 I believe. Anyway my questions is, how will I know if my unit already has the most up-to-date software or if I need to install the firmware update. Thanks!

The answer is most likely yes. If it is like the 76CSx then you should use the web updater so that both items are updated. On the 76CS you press menu and then setup and then press menu again - that gives a screen that includes the option to check the software version installed.

you can check the software version from the main menu, setup, system, click menu, select software version.

the 60csx actually has two software on it, so you will see software version 2.90 and GPS SW Version 2.60.(most current as of today) I actually doubt that it will be the current firmware, every gps I have ever bought needed to be updated when I got it.

To update both software on the 60csx download garmins webupdater. you may have to run it twice to get the additional update, you can find it here.

http://www.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp

There are two pretty easy ways to know.... you can check on the unit itself by pressing menu twice, then going into system, then pressing menu again.

Or

You could plug it into your computer and set up the drivers and run the garmin webupdater application found here.

http://www.garmin.com/support/download_det...ct=999-99999-27

Make sure that your firmware version is 2.90 and your gps software version is 2.60 ( the latest when this was posted )

Enjoy your new toy!

kgag.