Cheapest Place To Buy A 60csx?

I just got mine in the mail a week ago :ph34r: !!! I bought it from www.ehqonline.com (electronic headquarters online). It was fast and easy--shipping time was good. I searched everywhere and this was the cheapest place online that I found. Ebay will have them bidding for less, but I doubt the auctions will end any lower than $400. Good luck--this gpsr rocks :ph34r: !

Consider Amazon.com. Free shipping, competitive price and great service (they'll pay return shipping if unit is defective, etc...). It's $399 at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CSOXT...9249719?ie=UTF8

You can also order the Automotive Navigation Kit with City Select North America from them. It ships with City Select V7, but you should qualify for the free upgrade to City Nav V8 via the Garmin site once it starts shipping. This is $148 now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000196C3...glance&n=172282

Edited by smtrekkers

This is my first post in the forum, I had check many sites for a low price 60csx gps and so far www.cascadegps.com since to be the one with the lowest price, ($400.00 + 8.99 shipping), dont know anything about coustomer service since I haven't buy one yet.

Edited by COQUI

I got mine a couple weeks ago at GetFeetWet.com. It was $399 and a free Gramin hat! If you call them and be really nice they will give you a free shipping code. Excellent customer service!

I ordered one from these guys but they didn't respond to my email for 3 working days so I told them to cancel the order. Oddly enough, they replied to my cancellation order and it only took 5 hrs.

You can also order the Automotive Navigation Kit with City Select North America from them. It ships with City Select V7, but you should qualify for the free upgrade to City Nav V8 via the Garmin site once it starts shipping. This is $148 now.

When I bought my 60csx I did a lot of research, and it is not compatible with any version of City Select NA. You have to buy City Navigator. This is different than the 60c and the 60cs. The reason I mention this: I haven't been able to find the auto navigation kit for the 60csx that comes with City Navigator, except on Garmin.com ($216 :) ). You'll either have to wait until some discounters carry the auto kit, buy it from garmin directly, or piece it together yourself with City Navigator v.7 or 8.

Hope this helps! :)

Edit:

BTW, most retailers will have the auto nav kit as compatible with the Garmin GPSMap 60, 60c, 60cs, 60cx, and 60csx. I think this is because they are just ASSUMING that because the newer units will work with the mount and charger that they are also compatible with the same software. CHECK Garmin's website for compatibility. I don't want anybody to be dissapointed that they got something that won't work!

Edited by bobbyfrass

When I bought my 60csx I did a lot of research, and it is not compatible with any version of City Select NA. You have to buy City Navigator. This is different than the 60c and the 60cs. The reason I mention this: I haven't been able to find the auto navigation kit for the 60csx that comes with City Navigator, except on Garmin.com ($216 :) ). You'll either have to wait until some discounters carry the auto kit, buy it from garmin directly, or piece it together yourself with City Navigator v.7 or 8.

Edit:

BTW, most retailers will have the auto nav kit as compatible with the Garmin GPSMap 60, 60c, 60cs, 60cx, and 60csx. I think this is because they are just ASSUMING that because the newer units will work with the mount and charger that they are also compatible with the same software. CHECK Garmin's website for compatibility. I don't want anybody to be dissapointed that they got something that won't work!

Using Garmin 60CSx with City Select v7 and no problems...garmin just isnt supporting the select anymore..they are recommending to use Navigator as the map sizes are smaller...but if you have select..use it..it works great as well....

Edit:

Using Garmin 60CSx with City Select v7 and no problems...garmin just isnt supporting the select anymore..they are recommending to use Navigator as the map sizes are smaller...but if you have select..use it..it works great as well....

Arrgh :D ! Now you tell me! I guess I could have saved some money. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up. I guess if I would have only waited on hold for 40 minutes to talk to that Garmin rep I could have found that out. Thanks! :)

Another vote for Scott at gpsdiscount.com. I've gotten several items from him, big and small, and he has always been the best at price (or close enough), highly professional, and fast, both shipping and response to inquiries. Dont' work there, but I buy there.

Try froogle.com, pricegrabber.com and bizrate.com. I use all three whenever I'm looking for anything on line. They are usually very close to each other in price for finding the best deal, so I've always felt comfortable with my decision. The last two will give you the best price based on product price, tax and shipping. The key is to look at each company's customer ratings. For me, so far, so good.

When I bought my 60csx I did a lot of research, and it is not compatible with any version of City Select NA.

All I have ever used on my 60CS, 76CS, and now my 60CSX is City Select. I just checked my Garmin box and CD-ROM and verified that it is definitely City Select I've been using for several years now... and that it definitely works on the models I listed. It's what I just loaded into my new 60CSX just received last week. :laughing:

When I bought my 60csx I did a lot of research, and it is not compatible with any version of City Select NA.

All I have ever used on my 60CS, 76CS, and now my 60CSX is City Select. I just checked my Garmin box and CD-ROM and verified that it is definitely City Select I've been using for several years now... and that it definitely works on the models I listed. It's what I just loaded into my new 60CSX just received last week. :laughing:

It even works with my copy of City Select N.A. v6.0

I've had good luck with offroute.com; the bottom line price (i.e with shipping and tax) seems to always be better than anything else I can find for my location.

Bought all from them too two month ago. Best deal at the time.

Had it sent to a friend living in the US who brought it to me two weeks ago. In two months ago he has been able to test it before crossing the ocean. Usualy faults show up early.

To try to avoid taxes is a worthwile game in communist France (and indeed for all of Europe ) :laughing:

I should move back to the US or may be Russia ! :laughing:

Consider Amazon.com. Free shipping, competitive price and great service (they'll pay return shipping if unit is defective, etc...). It's $399 at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CSOXT...9249719?ie=UTF8

I second Amazon. That's where I got mine. Best price I could find.