How Far To Your Closest Unfound Cache....?

R.O.B

My closest unfound cache is 1.1 miles (1.8km) away. I have not yet even tried to find it. In two days I will travel about 4,600 miles (7400km) to go caching.

I forgot: there is a cache 0.4 miles (0.6km) from my house. One of these days I will remember to go find it. :ph34r:

There's one 0.9 mi, but it's disabled. The closest active cache is 8.5 mi away, and requires a boat (which we don't own). Closest non-boating cache is 10.7 mi, and we already dnf'd it once. We'll retry it probably this weekend (it's new). Closest that we haven't tried is officially 11.8 mi, but due to the rather large river between us and it (the Ohio), it's about a 40 mile drive each way to get to it.

0.8 miles. It's a micro and there are no other caches within walking distance of it. I have no reason to visit this area which isn't all that interesting to begin with.

Maybe someday when I'm so bored out of my mind that watching a marathon of Good Times on TVLand begins to look like a good time.

38 miles but it has been disabled 4 times for extended periods in the last year for missing stages so I generally just avoid it. 44 miles to the next one. Only 1 cache within 10 miles of home that wasn't hidden by me. Only 3 within 50 miles that I haven't found.

Edited by StarBrand

7.7 miles to a cache with an extended hike is the only unfound within 10 miles of home. I was close to it once, finding four others in the area, when the sun went down. I'm considering when I can get it, but from the recent logs I may wait until the poison ivy dies down.

Now? Who knows.... but....

a year or so ago there was a cache that stayed at the top of my "nearest" list that was "HERE" miles away. Yep, you read it correctly. It seems if you use the exact coordinates of a person's home, you get "here" instead of 0.whatever miles away. A friend cleverly deduced my home coordinates and used it for the bogus coordinates for an evil multi whose actual coordinates were 40 miles away. That one taunted me for some time. It was quite funny to see it at the top of my page.

Now? Who knows.... but....

a year or so ago there was a cache that stayed at the top of my "nearest" list that was "HERE" miles away. Yep, you read it correctly. It seems if you use the exact coordinates of a person's home, you get "here" instead of 0.whatever miles away. A friend cleverly deduced my home coordinates and used it for the bogus coordinates for an evil multi whose actual coordinates were 40 miles away. That one taunted me for some time. It was quite funny to see it at the top of my page.

LOL, that's so cruel and awesome at the same time.

The closest unfound cache to us - GCK9G5 - is only 15 miles away. It is one of only 2 unfound (by us) caches within 30 miles of here, but I'll have to do some serious prepping to get to that cache. There is a total of 13 caches within 50 miles of our house that are yet unfound (how unlucky is that) - but one was a CITO event a few months ago and we have yet to attempt any of the others. We'll probably get around to a half dozen or so before the snows come back in this winter - but almost all of them are in terrain that is a bit too rugged for us to all reach together. Especially that closest one.

EDIT - added clarification of what we meant by "unfound" as the only local cache that is still virgin is one we placed ourselves last weekend.

Edited by KKTH3

I'm amazed at the cache density some of you people have. My nearest unfound is about 10 miles away, and that only because it's across the border in Sweden from me in Norway and I have no other reason to drive out that way. There is only one other active geocacher in my home town, and he's a newbie, so nearly every cache near to me is one of my own.

5.6 miles, a multi-cache in a state park I've been caching in many times. It's a huge state park, and apparently the multi-cache takes most of the day. It's not my favorite state park in the area, so I'll get to it eventually.

With the price of gas, I've generally been choosing areas within 20-30 miles of home where there is a number of unfound caches by me, so I can knock of several in day. I have to go 20-30+ to find an area where I haven't found a good deal of them.

The nearest is 1.5 miles. If I get time this evening I plan on tackling this one. Otherwise, it will have to wait a while till I get home from vacation.

The nearest to work is 0.4 miles. I have a dnf on this as there was some confusion as to the actual location. I have good coordinates now so just a matter of time. High muggle area, especially at lunch which is when I would like to do it. I may have to do the clipboard and tape measure disguise for it. :wub: