Antenna ?

munro290

Has any one had any experience with the Mighty Mouse Wide RE-Radiating Atenna from Gpscentral.ca , they claim it works with magellan explorist models. Its made in Canada, B.C. to be exact.

My understanding of a RE-Radiating Antenna is that it picks up the signal from a location that has good reception (outside) and rebroadcasts that same signal (inside) for your GPS antenna to pick up.

If true, the only possible application I could imagine is using your GPS inside a vehicle that blocks the normal signal. This would allow you (or several GPSs) to pick up a good signal without the need to plug an antenna in. It would also allow you to use a GPS that does not have an external antenna port.

If you were to mount this at home or another building, the location would never change (unless it's a houseboat or similar).

Tony

The reason why I bought it was since I put a canopie on my truck I get poor reception, dont ask me why because my explorist 500 gets a good lock in the house. I just wanted to see if anyone else has one and how it works,it should be here tomorrow Im kinda interestd to see how it works.

The reason why I bought it was since I put a canopie on my truck I get poor reception, dont ask me why because my explorist 500 gets a good lock in the house. I just wanted to see if anyone else has one and how it works,it should be here tomorrow Im kinda interestd to see how it works.

Give us a report on it, I'm interested to know if you get better reception than the unit's antenna and can it be used as an improved apendage to the explorist like other units can be using an additional antenna with the connector.

Well I got my antenna in the mail last friday but no directions in the box , it looks pretty simple hook it up and put the external antenna on the roof and go. So I did this and my gps gets a lock on 11 sats then looses all at once I tried this sevral times and the same thing . The next morning I went out my truck and hooked it up, this time I left my sat radio off and just turned on the antenna and gps I got a lock on 10 sats and they stayed locke I dont know if it had to do with radio or what? I have to check out the antenna companies web site to see if they have any directions.