Category Name Changes

A couple of groups that I've joined to adopt and manage categories have ones that really need to have a name change. For instance, Trappist Abbeys consists of waymarks for mostly non-Trappist Abbeys. I can only assume that this is because it was on auto-approval. It would make sense to drop "Trappist" from the category title. Another, Dead Poet Society also has waymarks for authors that are not primarily poets, and there is a consensus in the group to expand the category to include other authors. While in both cases we could edit the descriptions, it would make sense to have the category title changed to reflect its true scope. Is there some way we can petition Groundspeak staff to do this for us? Some other procedure or option available?

A couple of groups that I've joined to adopt and manage categories have ones that really need to have a name change. For instance, Trappist Abbeys consists of waymarks for mostly non-Trappist Abbeys. I can only assume that this is because it was on auto-approval. It would make sense to drop "Trappist" from the category title. Another, Dead Poet Society also has waymarks for authors that are not primarily poets, and there is a consensus in the group to expand the category to include other authors. While in both cases we could edit the descriptions, it would make sense to have the category title changed to reflect its true scope. Is there some way we can petition Groundspeak staff to do this for us? Some other procedure or option available?

Just wondering if anyone has found an answer to this question???

Just wondering if anyone has found an answer to this question???

Sorry for the delay, Silverquill. I removed the "Trappist" modifier to that category title, but make sure the description explains the difference between these monastic communites and temples or other religious buildings.

As for the Dead Poets Society category, I'm not convinced it should be expanded to include other authors. Let's allow another group to create another cat. for wordsmiths who've penned prose.

Sorry for the delay, Silverquill. I removed the "Trappist" modifier to that category title, but make sure the description explains the difference between these monastic communites and temples or other religious buildings.

As for the Dead Poets Society category, I'm not convinced it should be expanded to include other authors. Let's allow another group to create another cat. for wordsmiths who've penned prose.

Thanks!

Well, as Dead Poets, the category has garnered only 16 waymarks, and some of them really are not poets, or only marginally so. I guess we could have several more categories for authors -- novelists, playwrights, journalists, essayists, short story writers, etc. It is the old question -- broad category with variables or narrow category spew. Pros and cons both ways.

Anyway, thanks for your help.