South Downs Way

I have in mind to hike the South Downs Way, either later this year or early next.

I'm keen to cache along the way and wonder if any computer literate can advise if a search of caches can be refined to cover this area? The only way I know is to put in the different postcodes for each stretch, which will take forever!!

Thanks in advance!

It's not quick, but...

Make a bookmark and search with the Geocaching.com Google Map feature.

You can move the map around and see where the caches are in relation to your route, and add the ones you're interested in to your bookmark.

Then PQ the bookmark.

G

Edited by KandG

Our next release will have the ability to map out a PQ's results to a google map.

-Raine

Give us a clue then Lacto! Don't keep it all to yourself....................What joy are we in for? :ph34r::ph34r:

From the caches along a route thread.

Edit to add have a look here apparently premium memebrs can upload a route like the coast to coast and then create PQ's for caches along the route its in test at the moment and the thread tells you more from page 8 onwards.

edit to add

just asked for London to Birmingham and got a list of caches along the M40 created by a certain cacher ;)

Edited by markandlynn

Our next release will have the ability to map out a PQ's results to a google map.

-Raine

Give us a clue then Lacto! Don't keep it all to yourself....................What joy are we in for? :ph34r::ph34r:

From the caches along a route thread.

Edit to add have a look here apparently premium memebrs can upload a route like the coast to coast and then create PQ's for caches along the route its in test at the moment and the thread tells you more from page 8 onwards.

edit to add

just asked for London to Birmingham and got a list of caches along the M40 created by a certain cacher ;)

That's what I was referring to. I tried it this morning and produced this query. It's beautifully easy to use with Memory Map which is what I used.

If anyone needs instructions I'll start a new thread. B)

If anyone needs instructions I'll start a new thread. :ph34r:

Might be a good idea to start a new thread. ;) People might miss the new feature in this one as they may think that the thread is purely for the South Downs Way.

I followed the instructions posted by Jeremy in the thread linked to by Mark and Lynn so it might be handy to have them copied to the "new feature" topic as well :ph34r:

Edited by Nediam