Cannot Form New Group

In the past, I was pretty sure we were allowed to form as many Groups as we wanted, but could only own a maximum of five (5) Categories.

Right now, I'm in 15 Groups of which I am Leader of 5. But I am only operating 4 Categories.

Somewhere in the distant past Jeremy had said something about Groups being used for other purposes besides Category management... which is why I have the 5th one for our Geocaching club management.

Is this what is preventing me from making another Group?

:laughing: The Blue Quasar

Edited by The Blue Quasar

Nate said this on another Thread

"You won't be able to create any new categories once you lead 5. The option to do so simply does not appear any longer after you create a Group. Basically, we're trying to give others the chance to lead categories they may be interested in without a core group of 5 diehard waymarkers snatching up all the good ones first."

Weather you consider that you are only have 4 or not is mute. Once you are the leader of 5 Groups you can not create more categories. I do not recall that we could form more than 5 groups ever being said, what I recall is that you could be in an unlimited amount of groups but only be leader of 5, which are considered Categories weather or not you have assigned it for vote & peer review or not.

Edited by chstress53

Weather you consider that you are only have 4 or not is mute. Once you are the leader of 5 Groups you can not create more categories. I do not recall that we could form more than 5 groups ever being said, what I recall is that you could be in an unlimited amount of groups but only be leader of 5, which are considered Categories weather or not you have assigned it for vote & peer review or not.

If this is the case, I hope we could get a 'delete group' function.

One can always quit a group, and if it falls below the group of three requirement, it goes no probation, if I understand, and would eventually be deleted by Groundspeak if no one steps up to adopt it.

One can always quit a group, and if it falls below the group of three requirement, it goes no probation, if I understand, and would eventually be deleted by Groundspeak if no one steps up to adopt it.

The group I am leader of and want to get rid of doesn't manage a category. I am the only one in it and can't quit it. The group was created on April 6th. I think we need some sort of function so that we can delete a group. Reasons for doing so would be lost interest in the idea, or in my case, naming the group wrong.

Found that thread here

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...opic=128213&hl=

He also said to use it for fun and not turn on the to create new Category button. I believe doing so to create the group has created a 5 category that you are the leader of. And until TPTB change that 5 limit you can not create another Category. as you are at your max. I do agree with Drew Crew, we should be able to delete a category .

I interpreted that group management as something that is not entirely in place yet and we were just to play around with it.

"I suggest that folks who are interested can create their non-category management groups just for fun and to see how the process works. You can turn off the category creation portion of the page if you just want to see how it all works without the stress of creating a category." The problem as I see it is that you probably did not turn off the category portion of the page, and you now lead 5 groups ( The Max)

Edited by chstress53