Req: Portuguese Forum @ Groundspeak.com

SUp3rFM & Cruella

Yeah! I think this is a legitime wish, specially considering the good ratio area/number of caches and population/number of caches we have in our country.

Ditto...

Not to mention the increasing number of tourists in areas like Algarve, Madeira and Azores. Having such a forum around here would help guiding these geocachers when necessary.

Hi,

It's been discussed among several portuguese geocachers that a Portuguese forum in Groundspeak.com could be useful for us and to all that wants to drop by for some caches.

Is there any chance this could happen? It would be great, we think.

Thank you.

We are very new to the Game and based in Algarve, and we would certainly support any local forum for interchange of ideas and to boost the number and variety of caches here. Count us in on the support, but regret we have little we can add on the technical or admin side of getting it up and running owing to being fairly computer-illiterate!! :laughing:

We are very new to the Game and based in Algarve, and we would certainly support any local forum for interchange of ideas and to boost the number and variety of caches here. Count us in on the support, but regret we have little we can add on the technical or admin side of getting it up and running owing to being fairly computer-illiterate!! :laughing:

Being a "local", you may want to check geocaching@PT as well and the mailing list at YahooGroups too.

Edited by btrodrigues

Since our great Portugal it's been growing strong in Geocaching activities, and Portuguese is not a friendly language, a "Portugal Groundspeak Forum" will certainly help the also growing tourist visitors who would be amazingly surprised with our great superior quality geocaches.

A Portuguese Forum has my vote.

I Think it would be great, specially for foreigners who visit us, and, they are quite a few. I´ve noticed that sometimes they leave behind some great caches just because they had some sort of problem and very little time to solve it.

Regards to all

Alberto aka team Manchanegra

I agree. Geocaching is an international activity, although territorially based. The legal, geographic, cultural, and why not, political (regime) differences are just some of the particularities we can encounter in this globe we call home. In the interest of making Geocaching an evolutionary leisure and sportive activity, adapting and becoming as interactive and user-friendly as we can, it’s important to have this tool, not just as an internal forum, but to help and welcome all Geocachers who choose Portugal for vacations or cache “raids” trips…

Jorge Lami Leal (Al-garb)

Hi to all,

I fully aprove the creation of a portuguese forum at Groundspeak. This way geocachers from all over the world can interact with portuguese geocachers, ask questions, provide sugestions and be informed about geocaching in Portugal.

Regards,

Luis Sismeiro

Just an idea - should it be Portuguese speaking, rather than just Portuguese (the country)? There are French, German and Spanish speaking forums, and Portuguese speaking could also cover Brazil and Mozambique.

Sorry, I'm not a Portuguese speaker, although I found French very useful for communicating orally, and Spanish for understanding written Portuguese, when I've travelled in Portugal over the years.

Just an idea - should it be Portuguese speaking, rather than just Portuguese (the country)? There are French, German and Spanish speaking forums, and Portuguese speaking could also cover Brazil and Mozambique.

Sorry, I'm not a Portuguese speaker, although I found French very useful for communicating orally, and Spanish for understanding written Portuguese, when I've travelled in Portugal over the years.

Thing is Geocaching has no presence whatsoever in Brazil, Mozambique, Angola, Cape Verde, St. Tome e Principe, Guinea Bissau or Timor.

I agree with a "portuguese speaking forum" to include all portuguese speaking countries.

There are some caches in Brazil, few in Mozambique and in Cape Verde but the main goal could be to help present and new geocachers in those countries that has few or no caches at the moment and to help geocachers from all the world that pretend to do geocaching in one of the "portuguese speaking" countries.

The "working language" could be portuguese and/or english dependign on the thread and the themes, i think, should be of general interest for the whole comunity.

As peixeiradas, mantinhamo-las no nosso sitezinho português. :laughing:

We'll get one up soon. If you have a good flag image for us to use for the forums it would help immensely :blink:

Jeremy, thank you for the good news. :blink:

How about this one? It's already at the same size of the other flags at the forum

pftflaggccomzx0.png

I don't get it. It's been a month now since you said we'd get one "soon". I even got the flag (as it was a big deal finding one on your own...).

I've asked here for updates, I've mailed you guys and nothing.

Why don't you cut the chase?

Does the creation of the forum for Portugal has anything to do with the size of the country, the number of caches or the geocachers? If so, we have advantage over Greece, for instance, and they have a forum here.

This thread started two months ago, why is this taking so long?...

If you don't mind, please answer us.