List Of Current Categories/sub Categories

Hi - I'd like to get a list of waymark categories and subcategories that is current. When I pull up the page that shows "most" of them, any after the first 15 or so alphabetically aren't listed... there is a link for "more subcategories" or something like that. I'd like to be able to download a complete list every now and then (maybe just by cutting and pasting it into a word document and putting it in my PDA) so as I'm wandering around geocaching, or just plain wandering around, I can see if there is a category for something I found. Is there a way to get a comprehensive list that is current without going to every category page that has a lot of subcategories?

I know the list changes as new categories and subcategories are added... I plan to update my list every now and then - I'd just like to get a complete one to start with.

Any suggestions?

There isn't currently a way to view all categories in a single list, though we've discussed the possibility. Probably the best practice at the moment is to pick a handful of categories which are interesting to you and focus on those.

Seems like that would be a good way to encourage people to add waymarks. I don't know if I go wandering around if I'm going to run into something I could add, or if there isn't a category for it so why should I bother taking the picture and GPS reading... etc. Anyone else think this would be a good idea to add? A simple tree structure that opens/closes and has all the titles of the categories/subcategories/subsubetc... would be perfect!

Anyone else think this would be a good idea to add?

Edited by FireRef

That would be a very nice feature. thumbsup.gif

I'm new to this Waymarking stuff and would like to know what is already listed, and what isn't listed yet.

I'm still surprised there isn't already a category for the Native American grinding hole I found this weekend. I've seen them frequently enough, I figured these would have already had a "home" on this site.