Routes

Packanack

I beta tested the new feature and it worked great for a road trip from Pittsburgh to Columbus, returning 88 caches near my route. Found a bunch of 'em. And just today I got my daughter set up for a long roadtrip to Myrtle Beach South Carolina. A route query from Pittsburgh to Myrtle Beach returned about 150 caches. Incredibly more efficient than ordering up the dozen or so pocket queries it would've taken to cover the entire route and then filter down.

Remember that routes are shareable. So, even if you don't use Google Earth, Mapsource, etc., to create routes, someone else can upload one for you, or there may be a shared route already in the database.

I was wishing for this feature last September when I drove my son out to Chicago. I just now tried out a query on an Oakland-to-Chicago drive and I had caches on both ends of the trip show up that I've found plus plenty along the way that I haven't.

When you get the directions from Google it gives you an estimated travel time. Now if we could get an estimated time that included stopping along the way for all the caches...

This is great.