Feature Request.

PMaholm

You can see this information using a greasemonky script if you use mozilla firefox. It is a very useful feature. Search greasemonkejy script in the forums and direction will come up on how to use them.

But wouldn't it be easier if it was right on the cache page?

Where the logs start at the bottom of the page it already lists the number of logs. How hard would it be to break that down into types of logs? That way you could see that, for example, although the cache is rated at a Difficulty 1, 23 cachers found it, but 18 cachers DNF, so you may want to reconsider searching for it if you just have a few minutes on your lunch break.

(By the way, when I asked "How hard would it be?", I meant just that. I don't know anything about programming so I don't know if it's 10 minutes and add a couple lines or rewrite the whole thing.)

You can see this information using a greasemonky script if you use mozilla firefox. It is a very useful feature. Search greasemonkejy script in the forums and direction will come up on how to use them.

Where the logs start at the bottom of the page it already lists the number of logs. How hard would it be to break that down into types of logs? That way you could see that, for example, although the cache is rated at a Difficulty 1, 23 cachers found it, but 18 cachers DNF, so you may want to reconsider searching for it if you just have a few minutes on your lunch break.

(By the way, when I asked "How hard would it be?", I meant just that. I don't know anything about programming so I don't know if it's 10 minutes and add a couple lines or rewrite the whole thing.)

The greasemonkey script does put it right on the cache page.

TotalsByLogType.png

Maybe, but I think this is one of the those cases in which if you use the simple work around an actual fix becomes a useless waste of time :D (sorry thats not really helpful :) )

Ok, how hard would it be to change, who here knows??

The greasemonkey script does put it right on the cache page.

TotalsByLogType.png

Ahh, but the problem is that I've tried firefox and don't like it.

Whereas if GC.com did it, it would show up no matter what browser you use.

Except Firefox :laughing::laughing::huh: Joking. . . .

I Love the script, and use it all the time- that is - when looking for that kind of info-

I browse this site using all the different browsers, and If I am looking for something specific that I know a script already handles - I just use Firefox. The forum upgrade alone makes it worth the time to adjust to FF.

Microsoft's new mapping upgrade only works for me in IE, so I even use that when I need a good B&W sat shot of places in WI.- and am too lazy to do it "the old fashioned way".

It'd be nice, but I already have that info - when I need it by using the script. And, dont see it feasable incorporating it withing the framework of the whole scheme of things-

Edited by Pto

I use the script with Portable Firefox but I'd much prefer it incorporated into the cache page itself partly for multi-browser functionality ad partly because of the way the script works.

Yes, the greasemonkey scripts are great tools, but they are not the answer for everyone and this has been requested several times. I think it's about time TPTB took a look at this feature request and told use yea or nay.

The greasemonkey script is great because it does fill a void for some people. But, it does require you to show all logs so it can count them. On cache pages where there are a lot of logs, its can be a waste of time (and another server hit) just to see the break down. It could not be that hard to have the original page show this ifno if when displaying the page, GC just got that info from the database where all this info is stored. It might take an additioal query but that has to be better than an additional server hit.

Great work on all the GM scripts, Prime Suspect!

I was looking at the script pages, and it tells you how to install the script.

To install, right-click on the icon, and select "Install User Script". If you do not see the menu option, click on the icon to open the file in a new tab (or window), and select "Install This User Script" from the Tools menu

The problem is that I don't have those options in FX.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

The greasemonkey script is great because it does fill a void for some people. But, it does require you to show all logs so it can count them. On cache pages where there are a lot of logs, its can be a waste of time (and another server hit) just to see the break down. It could not be that hard to have the original page show this ifno if when displaying the page, GC just got that info from the database where all this info is stored. It might take an additioal query but that has to be better than an additional server hit.

Great work on all the GM scripts, Prime Suspect!

I use the script in conjunction with another one that automagically shows all logs when you load the page. I love it.

To install, right-click on the icon, and select "Install User Script". If you do not see the menu option, click on the icon to open the file in a new tab (or window), and select "Install This User Script" from the Tools menu

You probably don't have the Greasemonkey extension installed. You need to do that first, reboot the browser, then you can install scripts.

You probably don't have the Greasemonkey extension installed. You need to do that first, reboot the browser, then you can install scripts.

That would be the problem, thanks! :wub: