In The News

N9PPA

I am looking for video and or paper reports about Geocaching. If you have one (good or bad) I would like to see it. I am making a presantation for local law enforcement.

Thank you.

Please remember that the following resources are available:

• you can configure Google News to always provide you with the 10 or 20 (or 30 or 50) latest news stories containing the keywords "geocache" and/or "geocaching" and/or "geocacher" from all news sources around the world.
  • ou can go to Google News and do a search on news articles from the last few months on the terms "geocache" and/or "geocaching" and/or "geocacher"
  • you can also go to the Google Video website and any of the other popular video websites and run a search for ANY videos with the keywords of "geocache" or "geocaching" or "geocacher". This alone will find you a ton of videos.

Hope this helps!

This is the news page I usually refer people when introducing them to geocaching...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/10/...in1487111.shtml

It's an April 10, 2006 CBS Evening news piece.

-Chris

"DadGreatFinder"

It may not be perfect, but it's still a good caching video. I'd definitely recommend it as part of a caching presentation to show the national/international scope of the activity (all ages, family-oriented, global fun) and then address some of the more security-related issues with the Pennsylvania video suggested by Lep.

I was amused by the reference to caching as "a club" with an online website and the claim, "What's inside is never very valuable," even if both statements contain some truth. :mad:

Edited by Teach2Learn

How do I save the video that is enbeded in the wab page?

If you're talking about the CBS video, I would click on the "e-mail" option and send it your own e-mail address or the address of the group/organization to whom you wish to present it.

There may be other options, but that one seems the easiest.

Bestest video news report that's still "live" is this one from WJAC television in Western Pennsylvania. Having a uniformed state park ranger speak positively about participating in the sport helps immensely as a resource to show to other land managers, law enforcement, etc.

The website video referenced by Lep also has an e-mail option. Just search for "geocaching" when the page comes up. Of course, you could always just go to the website for your presentation, especially if you have a digital projector-computer connection.

Edited by Teach2Learn