60csx - Checking Available Space On Card

I have a new Garmin 60CSx and am wondering how I can check how much space is available on my microSD card. I couldn't find an obvious way to do this on the GPS itself, nor on my Mapsource Canada Topo software.

On the GPSr, go to the Main Menu; select Tracks; select Setup; then select Data Card Setup. On that screen, near the top, you'll see the percentage of space on the card that's been filled.

--Larry

After you've updated your firmware to 2.90, try this:

1. Connect your gps unit to your pc by USB cable, then power on the unit and select menu-menu/Setup/Interface/USB Mass Storage/Enter on the gps unit.

2. On your PC, left mouse click or open My Computer and rt mouse click on the drive that represents your unit (on my computer, gps unit shows up as Removeable Disk (F)) select Properties - a window should pop up telling you how much memory on your micro sd card. Mine says 125,845,504 bytes free space and 16,384 bytes used space. I have no idea what it's using the the 16KB for since I don't have a map yet.

oh yeah, I have a 76CSx unit BUT in principle it should still work for your 60CSx unit.

Edited by Onit

1. Connect your gps unit to your pc by USB cable, then power on the unit and select menu-menu/Setup/Interface/USB Mass Storage/Enter on the gps unit.

2. On your PC, left mouse click or open My Computer and rt mouse click on the drive that represents your unit (on my computer, gps unit shows up as Removeable Disk (F)) select Properties - a window should pop up telling you how much memory on your micro sd card. Mine says 125,845,504 bytes free space and 16,384 bytes used space. I have no idea what it's using the the 16KB for since I don't have a map yet.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Onit, your tip worked on my 60CSx - that is what I was looking for.

Thanks