Are There More Categories In History And Culture I Am Missing?

History and Culture

• Abandoned Cemeteries				  • Luftwaffe Radar Ruins
• Ancient Aqueducts					 • Old World Originals
• Art Museums						   • Pictographs
• Canadian National Historic Sites	  • Plane Crash Sites
• Civil Defense Fallout Shelters		• Presidential Birthplaces
• Civil Rights Memorials				• Shipwrecks
• Civil War Discovery Trail Sites		• Spring Houses
• Exact Replicas					   • Time Capsules
• Ghost Towns						   • U.S. National Natural Landmarks
• Historic Markers					  • U.S. National Register of Historic Places
• History Museums					   • Universities and Colleges
• Irish-American Historic Places		• World Heritage Sites
• Iron Furnace Ruins

On that page, there is a message:

There are subcategories containing Waymarks that are not being displayed due to your filter (popularity or location) settings.

I have tried to change the "popularity filter" to show me 100% of the subcategories, but either it doesn't work or I simply cannot figure out how to do it. :rolleyes:

Also, there is a Category on that page for Pictographs, but Pictographs are not the same as Petroglyphs.

Could that Category be renamed to be more inclusive, so it could include not just Pictographs, but Petroglyphs? If it was expanded, perhaps someone could also submit grinding holes, two of which I found yesterday. :rolleyes:

On that page, there is a message:

There are subcategories containing Waymarks that are not being displayed due to your filter (popularity or location) settings.

I have tried to change the "popularity filter" to show me 100% of the subcategories, but either it doesn't work or I simply cannot figure out how to do it. :)

Do you have a location filter on? Look for the link above the category list that says "turn location filter off".

Could that Category be renamed to be more inclusive, so it could include not just Pictographs, but Petroglyphs? If it was expanded, perhaps someone could also submit grinding holes, two of which I found yesterday. :D

The Wikipedia page for pictograph says:

The term "pictograph" can also be used to mean

* rock painting as distinguished from petroglyphs

Following this definition, the Group appears to be accepting petroglyph waymarks such as this one.

Could I also put my Native American grinding holes in that category?

If not, where would they fit?

EDIT to add. I do not have the Location Filter on and when I click on the Popularity Flter, which shows 80%, and try to move the "slider" to 100%, all it does is refresh the page and 80% is still the number.

I use the Opera browser, just in case that could be the reason I'm missing some functionality.

Edited by Miragee

Okay, I just submitted my Petroglyph site here but it looks like the "rules" are stringent, so I don't know if it will be approved . . .

If it is not approved it will be a tragedy because that's a dang fine waymark.

EDIT to add. I do not have the Location Filter on and when I click on the Popularity Flter, which shows 80%, and try to move the "slider" to 100%, all it does is refresh the page and 80% is still the number.

I use the Opera browser, just in case that could be the reason I'm missing some functionality.

I checked and lo and behold, I can't change my slider either. Fortunately I'm at 100% already. Could this be proof no one uses the pop filter? Seems we would have heard about this before now. I checked with Sean and he's going to sort it out.

Okay, I just submitted my Petroglyph site here but it looks like the "rules" are stringent, so I don't know if it will be approved . . .

If it is not approved it will be a tragedy because that's a dang fine waymark.

Darn tooten right!!! You can submit one like that to me any time and I'll give you an "A+" :P