Are You Missing A Plushy Blue Travel Bug?

Planet

Slow day at the nest today. Nothing is happening right now (before I head home) but I got this cool wing shadow shot today, that makes it look almost like a whale flew over the nest.

715fcd44-5a28-4dd5-9285-403cf61487e4.jpg

About that big white peanut thing previously, that looked almost like someone's shoe!

See you all tomorrow morning, bright and early!

Wish I could download the stuff to view the live camera, but DH gets really peeved whenever I do that :laughing:

Turning on JavaScript should be all you need to use the webcam page, but if you just want to peek in on the nest you can go straight to the Osprey Cam Picture - that's a simple JPEG image, no fancy-schmancy Javascript needed. :wub:

Awesome, Thanks for the link! Now I can peek, too :rolleyes::ph34r:

I have become addicted to this thread.

I went to the camera tonight and got to see dinner time.

At first he was rubbing his fish on the teddy bear (so now he'll smell like fish as well as everything else).

20060822_17-37-37.jpg

Then another bird flew into the nest for just a second before he chased it away.

After that he moved to the other side of the nest and chowed down his supper.

20060822_17-41-36.jpg

Ozzie got cold, so he covered up, well his legs atleast.

20060825101142ip6.jpg

There's also a fresh patch of dreid something in the midlles (grass, hay??)

Those are marsh reeds, most likely, but hey, what's this?! Is that the TB tag in front? Did it really just fall off? LOL!! It's got a hole in it, it's shaped like a tag. Hmmm. And the thread carries on..... hehehehe. Poor Little Dude and family, it's raining hard in CT today. AT least Ozzy will get a bath.

why has this thread become as neccesary as my morning coffee? I just ..... can't.....stop.....looking.....

This is so true! I leave for work at 6:15 most mornings and right now it is light enough in Connecticut for me to get a quick peak at Ozzy to start my day. Soon, though, I won't get to see him until after work!

WEEKEND UPDATE:

This just in. Little Dude left the nest and caught a fish in short order. He brought it back to the nest to dine on, and decides to use Ozzy for his breakfast table:

3dfa3f36-fd43-4d4d-a47f-3e47a8b46287.jpg

Mom, Dad, or another osprey intrudes on Little Dude's breakfast, I could see this coming, because Little Dude was looking and squawking up a ruckus, he chases the intruder away:

4ed106cc-fa8e-496c-9d1c-efe8a4f93583.jpg

Little Dude decides Ozzy is a little too unbalanced to use as a table and moves off:

37d97293-69a7-494f-9c96-d08bdc04bd79.jpg

I've been callling Little Dude a he, but Little Dude does look more like Mom than Pop, it could be Little Dudette.

I've been callling Little Dude a he, but Little Dude does look more like Mom than Pop, it could be Little Dudette.

You must have a better camera angle than I do :rolleyes:

ROFL!!! Um, I was looking at the speckled hackle. LOL.

Anyhow, Monday update, 7 inches of rain in Milford so far. Little Dude is wrking to keep Ozzy dry.

eae84510-6b41-4957-907f-d5efd7cf7d1a.jpg

Moments later the sky brightens, and we can see that Ozzy is still safe:

635283d6-2b51-4e1b-9e74-31e20c435718.jpg

ozzy3nf5.png

Osprey 1: So Mr. Ozzy, a little birdy told me yous was bein a stool pidgeon.

Jr Osprey: Yeah! Stooley.

Osprey 1: So what is it Mr. Ozzy, are yous wearin a wire? Is yous havin us surveiled?

Jr Osprey: Yeah! Where's the wire? Where's the camera bear!

Osprey 1: Easy there Jr. Eh, the kid, so young, so... excitable. Don't make him do anything silly, come clean now Mr. Ozzy

Mr. Ozzy: ...

Osprey 1: Alright kid, looks like Mr. Ozzy ain't talin, SPLOOD him!

Jr Osprey: FFFFFpfffpffff!!!

[[This concludes Osprey theatre.]]

Oh this is so cool! I noticed this thread kept expanding but never checked it out, finally had to click and see what all the posts were about..... can't believe I haven't been following this all along! :lol:

I have been watching this one too!! What's happening? You cant leave us hanging like this!!

How is the little stinky bear?

Oh this is so cool! I noticed this thread kept expanding but never checked it out, finally had to click and see what all the posts were about..... can't believe I haven't been following this all along! :lol:

I have been watching this one too!! What's happening? You cant leave us hanging like this!!

How is the little stinky bear?

OOPS! When I first checked this page had not refreshed since August 9th! I see he is still there..

This is great. Even though I am in the UK I still have to keep checking in ccasionally.

You dont know how close to home this all is, yet I am so far away, in Australia.

For whoever suggested there needs to be a net to catch Ozzy when he takes the big plunge, there is such a device available, http://www.coconet.net.au/Solution.htm designed and invented by a local bloke here in town. And I am a adult support member in Scouts Australia, our equivelent to your Boy Scouts of America, my craft name is----- Osprey. :lol::o:o

Mopar and GeoHo went to the Audubon Center and said they have a TV set up there so you can watch them, and it's way better than the online viewing. They also told me they have record of what day the toy showed up in the nest. I guess there is a logbook there.

So when DID Ozzy show up in the nest????

Little Dude is a Big Dude now, and Big Dudes can fly and fish on their own. They don't need the security of a big ol' nest to hang out in. He comes back to dine though, so look for him at feeding time. The nest makes a fine dining table. Apparently Ozzy does too sometimes!

Don't think of it as sad, think of it as a new Daddy to look forward to next year (or Mommy, who can tell?!) Of course Mom and Dad won't let Little Dude back in this nest next year, so we can look forward to the days when they start shoving him out of the nest, kicking him away, go git yer own pad! That should be interesting.