Are You Missing A Plushy Blue Travel Bug?

Planet

ZoomLens, Sorry, didn't read your post fully before posting my own.

For linking to pictures you will need a web server where you can publish your pictures to then link to them from your post here at Groundspeak. When you do a "Post Reply" you are given a couple of "buttons" above the editing box and the green one is used to add a link to a picture that will be shown as part of the post (point at them to get an explaining text) when you already have the web address to the picture that is.

Thank you BlueDeuce :P

Yes, The smell test :laughing::laughing::laughing: LOL

You should send it to each of us cachers following this thread before setting it free into the wild again....

I feel attached to the little bear after watching the thread and the web cam for days.. just an idea. Thats if it ever flies the nest.... <_<

Got your paddles packed, Planet? :laughing:

osprey_cam_20060809_174001.jpg

ACK!!!!!! Hang on Sophia is right! As a matter of fact, I do have the boat ready to go on the car. Usually all summer long. I have to work the next two days, and go camping in VT this weekend, but you never know. I could have to plan a quick mission! Mopar, GeoHo, are you with me?

The last geocacher that had Sophia Loren TB was Boomer1. Has anyone E-Mailed him asking him if he still has it or if he put it in a cache or lost it? If he lost it, approximately where? He doesn't appear to be a very active geocacher. It may be shoved in his packpack in the back of the closet. :D

Ozzy the Osprey Love-Doll TB?

Been following this thread for a while, I can't believe how long it was buried in the nest, and now it has suddenly sprungfree. I hope the emergency teddy-bear retrieval team is in Stand-By mode. Be sure to wear gloves, yuck!

It's gone?? For some reason I haven't been able to open the webcam - the last time I checked was around 6 this morning in NY. I was really getting into it! I agree on the idea to make a TB out of it.

It's still there - pretty much the same place as it was in Sparrowhawk's shot from Saturday. It's actually resting against one of the support posts for the nest - probably one of the more secure positions it's been in since it started shifting around last week.

osprey_cam_20060814_111938.jpg

Can we get an Ozzy update for the day?

I was finally able to access the webcam this morning at home before I left for work, and it looks just the same as the last picture. No bird and plushie in same position. Didn't have time to post a picture.

edit - thanks for the update, welch!

Edited by gailois

So just out of curiousity, can anyone identify which brand/style the bear is? The shape and construction reminds me a lot of a Ty Beanie Baby bear, but the ones I've found online seem to be either darker or lighter than the one in the nest, and their neck ribbons don't seem to match. Ex:

T_clubby.jpgClubby 1 (a bit too dark, wrong ribbon)

T_massachusetts.jpgMassachusetts the Bear (too light, wrong ribbon)

Any Ty collectors watching this thread? Can someone come up with a closer match? (Hopefully not some multi-hundred-dollar ultra-rare one? :anicute:)

I don't think it is big enough to be a full size Ty beanie baby bear. I think Mcdonalds released a set of smaller ones in Happy Meals. I'd be willing to bet it is one of those. Anyone have a picture? Was there a blue one?

Edit: How about the guy in the upper right? That is McNuggets the bear. (love the internet!)

All_Teenies_2004.jpg

Also seen here...

35a365.jpg

Edited by Blue Power Ranger
Edit: How about the guy in the upper right? That is McNuggets the bear. (love the internet!)

*Ding ding ding ding* - I think we have a winner here! Great job, Blue Power Ranger! :anicute:

Good thinking about the size too - a regular beanie baby bear (8") would be about 1/3 as big as an adult osprey (21-23"), and that's clearly not the case with the bear in the nest. A McD Happy Meal sized bear would be right on the money size-wise.

I think it's big enough. A full grown Osprey is 21"-24" long. 2 FEET! That's a big bird. Beanie babies are about 6" maybe? Also, after 2+ months of sitting outside in the sun and rain and wind and bird poop and fish guts and seaweed and salt air, it probably lost a little color. Those brighter colors can be what is known as a fugitive color, it doesn't last. Also, it's a fisheye or wide angle lens, and that distorts the actual sizes a little, I think. That white mess is seaweed. And I'll be darned, it looks like we do have a stash note, or log sheet now doesn't it!?!? ROFL!!!

Here are some other Beanies I think could fit.

Promise:

8680_lg.gif

John:

7451_lg.gif

Sam (minus the hat)

4211_lg.gif

Sapphire

4222_lg.gif

There's more...... but I'm running out fo time to search.

I don't see any patch on it's chest, like some of these have.

Tha kayak is still on the car, I just don't think I can paddle close enough to get it if it falls out. Mopar has a photo showing the nest from a far and it looks like it's got marshy reeds all around it. No water close to it.

McNuggets the Bear may want to watch his back. Some cruel cacher just dropped him in GCPV2G. That is DANGEROUSLY close to these ospreys. We may soon have two in the nest. :anicute:

I can see it now. All in the name of science I can see someone kayaking out near there and dropping off a new blue McBear TB to see if it ends up in the nest, to compare the two items, and see if an Osprey will pick up something with a TB tag attached. :unsure:

Hmmm I think the nest is a cache, just need to find the GC listing, nice camo job! You even fooled the Osprey. Would this be a Traditional, a Puzzle (How to log without being attacked), or a Webcam cache?

We gotta get that bear, where there's a will, there's a way.

Free Ozzy

Free Ozzy

Free Ozzy!!!

Edited by ZSandmann

Hmmm I think the nest is a cache, just need to find the GC listing, nice camo job! You even fooled the Osprey. Would this be a Traditional, a Puzzle (How to log without being attacked), or a Webcam cache?

so uh... How do large territorial birds fit into the rating sytem??

so uh... How do large territorial birds fit into the rating sytem??

Anywhere they want! :anicute:

Possiably overthinking this but heres one plan:

step one. get a rifle

step two. shoot the bird camera

step three. offer audubon people CITO event and 'what is geocaching class' in exchange for bear retrieval...

step four. have event about bear (not really a good reason, but since when do events need reasons to happen :anicute:)

(This was in jest, no hate mail please)

Edited by welch