Need Help With Danish, Swedish Caches

Cinjodi

My husband, daughter and I will be flying from U.S. into Copenhagen then driving to Malmo, then exploring a bit through southern Sweden, then up to the ferry in Helsingborg across to Helsingor and back down to Copenhagen. We have 2 days for this plus another two days in Copenhagen. Here in the U.S. I can type in a zip code to find caches that are close to where we travel, but I don't know how to do that to find caches in the areas we will be in Denmark and Sweden. Can anyone assist or recommend a few good caches for us to find? Thank you in advance!

Edited by Cinjodi

You can use City/Town names in search based on cache name. Or you can look rough coordinates from any map (paper or electronic) and do a search on coordinates. Or you can locate one cache using Google Maps. In small countries you can also list using country name only ("Show all in Denmark" is about 2000 caches.)

When you find one cache from the area, click on "Nearest caches", search with coordinates or create a Pocket Query with center on that cache.

There are very few Swedes or Danes on this forum, they have their own forums somewhere. Maybe someone who remembers urls to them tells where they are?

There are very few Swedes or Danes on this forum, they have their own forums somewhere. Maybe someone who remembers urls to them tells where they are?

For Sweden this: http://www.geocaching.se/ by klicking "Gemenskapen" opens popup and there is swedish forum.

You will find forum "Gästforum" and there is no need to be a member to post your questions.

For Denmark this: http://www.geocaching.dk/ and from there klick forum... BUT I think you have to be also forum member to post your questions! :grin:

Hope this helps!

Harry

Edited by Gold-digger

Thank you very much for your help! I don't know why I didn't think of finding coordinates on a map * silly grin*. I've managed to find some things near Malmo and you are right that from there I can just look for nearest and furthest. Thank you again!

Thank you very much for your help! I don't know why I didn't think of finding coordinates on a map * silly grin*. I've managed to find some things near Malmo and you are right that from there I can just look for nearest and furthest. Thank you again!

From the danish Geocaching site www.geocaching.dk click on the link "reklame" then there's a banner where you can enter the danish zipcode (postnummer) and it will give you the link to the 10 closest caches.

On the same page click on "Skatte i Danmark (MapPoint)" and you will get a map with all the danish caches marked, you can then zoom in and klik on each cache, it will then open the caches page on GC.com.

ProsperoDK/René