Aucoima Coins

UOTrackers

I received 2 coins today that I believe are Aucoima Coins. They are pretty neat, unfortunately the battery in my digital camera is dead so I can't take pictures. I'm curious how many renditions there are. I've seen some in trade lists that look like they have the name taped to the coin possibly? There's no name on these coins. They are both Gold Hexagon shaped coins. On one the design is, as my husband told me, Yu Gi Oh, and the other is the League of Justice, though we can't figure out who the last one on the left is (anyone know?) There is a hole in each of them at the top, and nothing on the back.

Can anyone shed any light on these coins?

EDIT: My husband let me borrow his Camera, here's a Pic, but I'd still like to know more about these coins!

Picture_001.jpg

Edited by UOTrackers

I received 2 coins today that I believe are Aucoima Coins. They are pretty neat, unfortunately the battery in my digital camera is dead so I can't take pictures. I'm curious how many renditions there are. I've seen some in trade lists that look like they have the name taped to the coin possibly? There's no name on these coins. They are both Gold Hexagon shaped coins. On one the design is, as my husband told me, Yu Gi Oh, and the other is the League of Justice, though we can't figure out who the last one on the left is (anyone know?) There is a hole in each of them at the top, and nothing on the back.

Can anyone shed any light on these coins?

EDIT: My husband let me borrow his Camera, here's a Pic, but I'd still like to know more about these coins!

I remember someone found a link to where these can be purchased in bulk. Not a "real" minted geocoin but more of a sig item, IMO.

Yea, someone has been trying to pawn these off as the real thing. :lol: Beware.

So they are not an actual cachers coins? I received them as a trade for one of our personal coins. I did another search and found them on several coin tracking lists, this one has 3 and and this one does too. So is there any way to know for sure?

When I first started collecting and trading coins, I saw this "coin" and it looked like it was just a sticker on the back of some kind of token/medal, so I didn't want to trade a geocoin for it. I believe it is an actual cacher's "coin" but IMO, it's more of a sig item. I remember a few months ago, someone on this board posted a link to where they could be bought in bulk. I can't seem to find that post, as it was probably in the geocoin trading thread or some other long thread.

Feel free to email me with any other questions.

Edited by Mauison

OK. Here's the story behind the Aucoima tokens. I saw the Yu-gi-oh token with the Aucoima sticker on the back on someone's trade list. I contacted Aucoima and he said he'd gotten them from a board game and removed the original sticker and replaced it with one of his own. He said the game(s) were pulled from the shelves some time ago and were hard to find. I did some research and found some on ebay. I bought 3 versions. The 1st version is the "Aucoima token" or Yu-gi-oh. The second version is the other token that Aucoima told me about. It is from Superfriends. I don't believe Aucoima ever "made" any of these into his own. The 3rd is Yu-gi-oh 2 and I believe Aucoima doesn't know anything about them.

I started trading all 3 versions of the "Aucoima token" and fully explained all of this to anyone who asked about them. I never traded any with the Aucoima sticker because I figured that would be unethical and might be somewhat fraudulent.

There is another token that has made "geocoin" status too. It is the " Trez Aztec Gold Coin" which can be purchased from the internet. It is actually a mass-produced pot metal pirate coin for studio props. I traded many of these too.

I think that both of these tokens stand out because they were accepted as older style geocoins from past cachers. If you have any questions regarding this post, feel free to e-mail me. :lol: