Watchlist

Sneakypete00

Why do you want to watch somebody else's cache? You couldn't find it and want to see if somebody else does before you try again? It's a TB hotel?

Some people, like me, enjoy reading logs from cachers passing through, or new local cachers finding it for the first time, or a notice that the cache needs maintenance.

Some caches are worth watching.

Primarily, I use the watchlist to help keep track of the waypoints that I put into my GPS. Dern thing holds 500 of em, and as of right now, I have 54 used. Once I log a cache as found, it gets removed from watchlist because I can check on em from my Geocache tab.

Secondary, I like to watch the ones that I did find that are really close by. This alerts me to cachers in the area and if the cache needs help.

I think it's 50

BTW - there are TONS more reasons to become a premium member for $3 than unlimited watch lists...

TONS????? I can only think of a few, but those few are well worth it.

I'd weight them as follows:

1,896 pounds: PQs

1,721 pounds: Caches Along a Route

875 pounds: Bookmark Lists

70 pounds: Insta-Notifies

20 pounds: Specialized Name on Avatar in Forums

25 pounds: unlimited watchlists

3 pounds: Off Topic Forum

3 pounds: MO Caches

2 pounds: Ignore Lists

Total Weight: 4,615 pounds or 2.3075 tons.

Yes - tons of reasons. :)

Edited by Markwell

Why do you want to watch somebody else's cache? You couldn't find it and want to see if somebody else does before you try again? It's a TB hotel?

Sometimes I watch caches that I'm planning to look for while on vacation for a while so I can see if people are posting DNFs on them, or to find out what people finding them think of the hide.

Sometimes I watch caches that I've left a neat item in to see when someone takes it. I left a cool transformable wire thingy in one cache and the person who eventually took it mentioned it in their post and also thought it was very cool.

Patti

I used to have all of the caches in the Cleveland Metroparks on my watchlist (I'm a geocaching volunteer for the CMP).

Then we had a warm late-winter day and I recieved almost a hundred notifications in one evening. Plus another fifteen the next day. :unsure:

I deleted everything in my watchlist after that.