Cache Co-ords

Team Ballibeg

I've posted a geocoin and a TB to a non caching relative on holiday in NZ. They've got an account and are trying to place them both in a cache near Nelson without a GPS.

Is there a way to get a grid reference for a cache from the cache pages so they can use that instead?

Thanks,

Dave

Scotland

I've posted a geocoin and a TB to a non caching relative on holiday in NZ. They've got an account and are trying to place them both in a cache near Nelson without a GPS.

Is there a way to get a grid reference for a cache from the cache pages so they can use that instead?

Thanks,

Dave

Scotland

Hi Dave,

Easiest is for them to look at www.nzcaches.tk, and click on the Nelson button at the bottom. Then, with the wherearewe.co.nz radio option selected, they can click on a link and get a local Nelson street map displayed to get a good idea of the location. There's also a heap of help at www.gps.org.nz/forums ... when the site comes back up. :anicute:

Cheers,

G.

Interesting that I have a similar problem. My son is in the Dunedin area with a TB from the UK that had migrated to the US and now needs to be placed in NZ. We figured he could place it using maps as I do here, but seems to have had a problem getting ones good enough to locate a cache near his home. Anyone in the area willing to guide us to good on line maps or alternatively grab a TB over an ale some afternoon and get it moving again?

Interesting that I have a similar problem. My son is in the Dunedin area with a TB from the UK that had migrated to the US and now needs to be placed in NZ. We figured he could place it using maps as I do here, but seems to have had a problem getting ones good enough to locate a cache near his home. Anyone in the area willing to guide us to good on line maps or alternatively grab a TB over an ale some afternoon and get it moving again?

If he gets as far north as Blenheim I will either take it off him or show him where to put it in a cache

Hi edscott,

Sorry - missed this post earlier. If he's still got the TB, the map references above should help, or PM me and I'd be happy to assist as I'm also in Dunedin.

Cheers,

G.