"hello World"

arpegio

Hello everyone,

I have always wanted a GPS so I finally ordered one (a Garmin 60csx) and have discovered the world of geocaching. I'm in New Orleans but will be all over the place, especially between Louisiana and Arkansas. I've already loaded up lots of GPS coordinates of caches in various areas and next week my unit should be delivered so I'm anxious to join the hunt, and I'm even more excited about deploying my own caches. I just wanted to say hello!

Welcome aboard!

I recommend you learn to purchase insect repellant in bulk.

..... and learn to love the taste of beef jerky left too long in a sweaty pants pocket.

Well, I'm from New Orleans. If I can deal with the mosquitos down here, nothing should bother me.

As for beef jerky, well, that's my favorite food, so no problem! I even make my own... hey I wonder if that would be a good thing to leave in a cache?

So my GPS came in today and I loaded everything into it. Unfortunately I don't have any detailed map yet. City Navigator and related titles seem to be in non-existant supply. I understand v8 is coming out so I hope if I snag City Select off ebay, I can upgrade it to v8 Nav when it comes out... it was about the only thing I could get my hands on.

Welcome aboard!

..... and learn to love the taste of beef jerky left too long in a sweaty pants pocket.

Well, I'm from New Orleans. If I can deal with the mosquitos down here, nothing should bother me.

As for beef jerky, well, that's my favorite food, so no problem! I even make my own... hey I wonder if that would be a good thing to leave in a cache?

While some of us might enjoy the snack, food should not be placed in a cache. Although you could send some my way if you want.

So my GPS came in today and I loaded everything into it. Unfortunately I don't have any detailed map yet. City Navigator and related titles seem to be in non-existant supply. I understand v8 is coming out so I hope if I snag City Select off ebay, I can upgrade it to v8 Nav when it comes out... it was about the only thing I could get my hands on.

If you've got coords and and arrow poiinting to the waypoint... who needs a map?

Just go for it.

Welcome aboard!

I was in New Orleans a few weeks back and there were mosquitos the size of my big toe. WOW!

Welcome, sorry I'm late, but have a pickle anyway. See you've already met the pig.

deploying my own caches.

So, do you have a military background? I find language interesting, like my cousin with the medical profession who distends her bike tires. :ph34r:

It's a musical reference. Though the family also has a military background.