Numbered Coins More Valuable?

gridlox

Just wondering, would you consider a lower numbered coin in an edition more valuable when considering a trade?

I know there are ones of us that prefer certain numbers (Me=69, AG=7, ...) and would personally consider them more personally valuable.

But, say for instance, would "#3 of 500" be worth more to you than a "#359 of 500"?

:rolleyes:

D-man <_<

Edited by gridlox

Just wondering, would you consider a lower numbered coin in an edition more valuable when considering a trade?

I know there are ones of us that prefer certain numbers (Me=69, AG=7, ...) and would personally consider them more personally valuable.

But, say for instance, would "#3 of 500" be worth more to you than a "#359 of 500"?

:rolleyes:

D-man <_<

I think even numbers like 100,200,300 etc more be more sought after than 4, 8, etc. Dont' know, just a guess.

Heck, people paid 50 bucks for a beanie baby.

They paid a heckavalot more than that! :D

To answer the original post, as numbering pertains to other collectibles, the lower the number (if under 10) and even numbers like Eric suggested typically have more appeal. As for geocoins, I really don't know. It's a relatively new "collectible." But I think the No. 1 in any numbered edition would have the most perceived value.

In my experience with sports cards usually #1 and the last of the run are more sought after. Also the particular players jersey number is a big one. Doesn't really apply here just thought I'd throw that in. I'd say the first and the last and on average the lowers would probably be more sought after.