Anglia News Goes Geocaching...

Thanks to pieces_of_8, I took an Anglia News crew out geocaching a few weeks ago, and the segment aired today. They did a rather good job of it I think. Should bring a few newbies into the fold, my wife has already been stopped in the school playground by strangers wanting more information!

• Watch online

• Downloadable video here (12MB)

Yes I did my own cache, but I didn't want to risk a DNF! :rolleyes:<_<:huh:

It didn't look that realistic though, no waist deep swamp, no neck high gorse, no nettles or brambles, no being on the wrong side of a river, no mud in sight and not once did you go headlong down a big slope.

Call that cacheing! :rolleyes:<_<:huh:

Edit to add: Apart from that it was a great bit of publicity very well done.

Edited by Nellies Knackers

I popped up the cache the night before to ensure it was well stocked and found it had been completed cleaned out - no swaps at all, even the pencil sharpener for the log book had gone. Thankfully, the log book was still there. So it's probably already had some unwanted attention and I'll most likely archive it once I've placed a replacement cache.

However, through the magic of television, the featured spot isn't actually the real hide, it was just a bit easier to film there :rolleyes:

However, through the magic of television, the featured spot isn't actually the real hide, it was just a bit easier to film there smile.gif

And I thought the cache had a hidden camera to film your daughter's find. :rolleyes:

So it's probably already had some unwanted attention and I'll most likely archive it once I've placed a replacement cache.

If you archive it that means you have 0 (zero) hidden caches.....Don't do it!!

Edited by currykev
A question - why do all geocaching vids feature comedy speeded up searching and heroic music.

You obviously haven't seen me looking for caches....And that music is great on my ipod as I search through the forest of nettles. :rolleyes:

Edited by currykev

:rolleyes: You have found your 15 mins of fame!!

yeh hope you had as much fun filming as everyone has had watching, i have only known about geocaching for a few weeks and i am so hooked and have even got my mate hooked , she set of out on a hunt the day after i told her about it !!! <_<