60csx Suction Cup Mounts

kgag

I have been considering getting a auto mount for my 60csx, and I was hoping to get a couple of opions on the best mount to get.

The couple of things that I want it to do.

1. I want it to hold the unit stable and not have to think about it through driving dirt roads in the mountains to everyday street use.

2. I have multiple vehicles and travel a lot for work so I need something that is easy to move between my own vehicles and the many rental cars that I encounter. Plus it would be nice if were not huge so I didn't have to bring a seperate bag just to pack my gps mount.

Right now I am using a cell phone vent clip with the button clip that came with my unit, and it has worked ok but I am finding more and more cars have built there vents in such a way that it either doesn't fit or ends up sitting funky....

Any and all opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

kgag.

My requirements were similar to yours except that I didn't need it to be really small. I opted for the RAM suction cup mount for my 60CSx. It provides an essentially universal fit in any vehicle (at least any vehicle that has a windshield) and has proven itself to work well on the street and off-road.

Be forewarned that some people have noticed that the RAM mount has worn off the rubber on their GPS units. My own experience is that there isn't a problem (at least with my 76C and 60CSx).

GeoBC

You definitely want the second one. The difference is the way the suction cup works. The first is just a plain suction cup... will work, but isn't going to hold quite as well as the second. The second one has a suction locking mechanism that pulls the suction cup tight against the window... It's similar to the way the old crank pencil sharpeners with the suction base work. I have one of the second units as well and it has never come loose. It is rock solid and always has been.

Slewfoot

Slewfoot has answered your question. I only have experience with the 4" suction cup. The window needs to be cleaned prior to sticking but once stuck, the suction cup stays there for a long time. Months. When I use it in my Jeep (no top, windshield sometimes folded down), I wrap the lanyard around the rearview mirror just in case.

GeoBC

Slewfoot has answered your question. I only have experience with the 4" suction cup. The window needs to be cleaned prior to sticking but once stuck, the suction cup stays there for a long time. Months. When I use it in my Jeep (no top, windshield sometimes folded down), I wrap the lanyard around the rearview mirror just in case.

GeoBC

I do the lanyard trick too. My regular suction RAM mount is great. I dont know how I ever lived w/o it.

Mark.